PDA

View Full Version : Remote locking confirmation

jamesjuhasz
05-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Has anyone sucessfully managed to modify the locking system of the 2007 XC70 so that when locked with the remote key it gives off an beeping sound often found on other cars. (my wife's vw sounds the horn with a small beep when locked with the key). My volvo currently only flashes the lights but if I don't remember to look back to make sure the lights flashed I often walk back to the car to confirm that it has been locked.

Any one else find this anoying? anynone sucessful in making this modification? [thumbup]

JayPinNC
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Has anyone sucessfully managed to modify the locking system of the 2007 XC70 so that when locked with the remote key it gives off an beeping sound often found on other cars. (my wife's vw sounds the horn with a small beep when locked with the key). My volvo currently only flashes the lights but if I don't remember to look back to make sure the lights flashed I often walk back to the car to confirm that it has been locked.

Any one else find this anoying? anynone sucessful in making this modification? [thumbup]

Or...can't you just press the lock button a second time?
Can you tell us more about the mod?
Don't know if I've ever heard of that modification.

Pennhaven
05-17-2010, 01:04 PM
My wife feels a need to confirm that it worked by trying a door handle. She doesn't have any faith in the remote or the confirmation flash. (Not just with the Volvo but with any car.)

I like to tell her, "If you don't trust the system, what makes you think that checking only one door is adequate? What about the other 3?" :)

Adrian
05-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Keep telling her that. Problem solved.

I can clearly hear the car lock itself, and from some distance see the lockpins go down (and make a noise.) And why would the car flash the lights randomly?

JayPinNC
05-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Maybe she should bust out a window to make sure the alarm is armed too?

kamiar
05-18-2010, 12:16 AM
My wife feels a need to confirm that it worked by trying a door handle. She doesn't have any faith in the remote or the confirmation flash. (Not just with the Volvo but with any car.)

I like to tell her, "If you don't trust the system, what makes you think that checking only one door is adequate? What about the other 3?" :)

4 actually...

740gle
05-18-2010, 03:42 AM
It must be the "wife" thing. My wife is complaining about that too. Especially she would like our new XC70 to flash lights when it is opened - easier to find it among a dozen of others in the mall.... How about that mod?

-Michael

Adrian
05-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Mine flashes the lights when it opens. And if i press the yellow buttons the rear and front parkinglights comes on for some time.

EDIT: Two flash on open, one long on lock.

lexefx
05-18-2010, 03:06 PM
My light confirmation had been working well since I had the dealer set it that way. Last week it decided to stop flashing upon locking. Any ideas?

kamiar
05-18-2010, 03:37 PM
My light confirmation had been working well since I had the dealer set it that way. Last week it decided to stop flashing upon locking. Any ideas?

Open the hood and slam it, it will work...

lexefx
05-19-2010, 09:06 AM

Against my better judgment, I'll try it!

I'm not usually a slammer :)

Alex

740gle
05-19-2010, 10:53 AM

Battery disconected - memory loss in whatever brain is responsible for it? Just a guess.
What did they re-program - remote itself, or something on-board?
As I read in the owner manual ( iam still around p.90) the seat memory system remembers which remote was used to lock/unlock the car to reset the seats for the driver.
Is it possible that lock/unlock horn/flashing behavior is remote-specific also?

-michael

Adrian
05-20-2010, 03:44 AM
http://vccs.volvocars.se/AccessoriesWeb/Accessories.mvc/en-GB/NO/XC70/2004/all/all/all/ShowDocument/VCC-249393

lexefx
05-20-2010, 10:20 AM

100% right! Your the man... PM sent