PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Mileage with K&N air filter

nosheets
05-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I purchased a 2008 XC70 a few weeks ago, the MPG was 16-22 city driving and 20 to 24 highway. I just purchased a K&N air filter reset my MPG on the dash. I am now getting 19-24 city and 25-28 highway. I have cruised the expressways of Detroit and got between 27-30 MPG. What a difference from the original air filter. Now I don't know if the filter I replaced was original with 30,000 miles,:) but I would hope it had been replaced.

OKCXC70
06-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I've had the same experience when I replaced my practically brand new filter with a K&N not long after I bought it. I have the 08 non-turbo as well. My mileage went up and the acceleration was definitely improved. However, there are some on the forum here who will say that it lets in some particulates and do not think these are good filters and will lead to replacement of the MAF sooner rather than later. Whatever. I know it works and I've never had a problem on any other car that I've owned and I have always put in the K&N. Party on!![thumbup]

Lotus99
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I've had the same experience when I replaced my practically brand new filter with a K&N not long after I bought it. I have the 08 non-turbo as well. My mileage went up and the acceleration was definitely improved. However, there are some on the forum here who will say that it lets in some particulates and do not think these are good filters and will lead to replacement of the MAF sooner rather than later. Whatever. I know it works and I've never had a problem on any other car that I've owned and I have always put in the K&N. Party on!![thumbup]

So we have a MAF in this car?

I know back in the day when I had my 2000 Audi A4 1.8T some people would say that the oil from the K&N would ruin the MAF, as a lot of MAF's IIRC went bad. On my BMW though, if I understand correctly, there's no MAF, and there's a TMAP sensor, which I guess wouldn't be affected by oil from the K&N, even if that was a concern.

GRJR
04-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks,

almostarctic
04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Is this a KN filter for the air box or is it a new intake?

Is it T6 or 3.2?

GRJR
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes, the air box filter and it is a 3.2[happy]

Thanks,