PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered the IPDUSA Softloader (complete)

Forkster
04-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Will let you all know how well it performs. :D

ifnt420
04-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Turn on your radar detectors and laser jammers!!! [thumbup]

sjonnie
04-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Will let you all know how well it performs. :D

I saw you added this mod to your sig. So... let us know! How much are you boosting now?

jda2000
04-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Forkster, you really should be working for IPDUSA :p

Forkster
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
I finally got the file back from IPDUSA.

Well, let my smiley describe how I feel now when I drive it...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/excited.gif

5 points:
1. Car is definitely a different kind of animal. Before she was a tiger, but now she feels like a cheeta.
2. Towing quality will be greatly increased. The added turbo boost gives gobs more torque will come in handy during family vacations when we tow our 2000lb Starcraft 10' trailer. This is actually the primary reason I purchased this upgrade (well, that's what I told my wife). :D
3. HP before 208 - now is 245. Torque was rated at 236 and is now at 310. Boost went from 8 to 14psi. The turbo also kicks in harder than before - as a result the throttle is a lot more responsive and a lighter foot is required to get 'normal' acceleration. I also notice that I do get some boost surging which might require a heavier spring in the bypass valve.
4. It's REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hard not stomp on the gas and let the turbo take the car off. This isn't a bad thing, just a symptom of the remapping.
5. I suspect that my gas mileage might suffer the next few weeks. :)

Next up?
1. New turbo control valve and boost gauge.
2. Heavy Duty Compressor Bypass Valve (blue spring)

Ocean Racer
05-06-2010, 05:49 AM
5 points:
1. Car is definitely a different kind of animal. Before she was a tiger, but now she feels like a cheeta.
2. Towing quality will be greatly increased. The added turbo boost gives gobs more torque will come in handy during family vacations when we tow our 2000lb Starcraft 10' trailer. This is actually the primary reason I purchased this upgrade (well, that's what I told my wife). :D
3. HP before 208 - now is 245. Torque was rated at 236 and is now at 310. Boost went from 8 to 14psi. The turbo also kicks in harder than before - as a result the throttle is a lot more responsive and a lighter foot is required to get 'normal' acceleration. I also notice that I do get some boost surging which might require a heavier spring in the bypass valve.
4. It's REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hard not stomp on the gas and let the turbo take the car off. This isn't a bad thing, just a symptom of the remapping.
5. I suspect that my gas mileage might suffer the next few weeks. :)

Its a good feeling isn't it :D
I went with the Autotech option. Results = same [thumbup]

ifnt420
05-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Forkster,

Did you try to see if your Rev limiter is moved higher in Geartronic mode?
Before Stg 1, fuel cut is 6k rpm, after should be 7k rpm in GT mode.

Adrian
05-11-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm also thinking about the softloader for my XC.. I'm sitting here looking at the price, and i see that i can buy just the hardware.

Does anyone know where i can get the software / CD online? Would you be kind enough to share yours, Forkster? :D

Ocean Racer
05-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Adrian, it is much easier if you just bought the complete set up.
Each time a new file - be it a revised tune or whatever - you will need the tool again.

This softloader upgrade was by far the best bang for buck spent on the XC [thumbup]

Online link = hurry up!!
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?137018-RICA-iSoftloader-System-Promotional-Pricing!

Adrian
05-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Are there any sites / shops placed in europe wich sells a similar item?

dpaton
05-12-2010, 07:23 AM

Try this - http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=275

ifnt420
05-12-2010, 10:31 AM

If you are in Europe, you can buy directly from www.mte.se [thumbup]

Adrian
05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Mmm.. I like that. Does the sofware allow me to cook up my own mix, or is it only preset sofware that has to be bought from i.e. MTE?