PDA

View Full Version : IAQS Sensor failure?

metasudans
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Hello , I'm here for the very first time :-)

I have one "stupid" question. My V70 2002/D5 has got IAQS. I've bought this cool car two years ago. Everything is OK, but IAQS system doesn't work properly. I put charcoal filter in exact position. Guys from 'authorised service point' said that their computer equipment found kind of recorded error of this sensor. They are pretty ready to change sensor for "round quota" ;-) Before I make any decision (sensor isn't cheap part) I'd like to check it, revise it and maybe repair it. Maybe it is simply full of dirt? Eight years passed away...
I have some skill in my hand :-) The question is - where exactly IAQS Sensor is situated? Is the work acceptable? I have been looking for any hint for very long time and nothing. Any photo? Scheme? It's very frustrating ;-) This specific part hasn't got "literature".

Best regards -
metasudans

jda2000
04-09-2010, 06:30 AM
they are probably talking about the interior cabin temp sensor. You need to remove the CCM (Climate Control Module) to get to it.

The sensor is on the back of the CCM. Remove two screws and pull out. Usually the sensor is dirty full of dust and carpet/hair fibers and this prevents the little fan from operating properly.

Before you buy the sensor, remove and clean well and make sure the fan spins freely. Reattach and see if it works. Be careful, sensor is fragile. Also be sure to disconnect battery before you disconnect the CCM.

metasudans
04-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Great thanx for your concern&answer but the problem is a little bit different.
The case relates specifically to air quality sensor marked with the number 10 on the attached drawing:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/H6Tzh4Sku_txSPXEeHlh_sxIJFjkKAy90B6El0YVNb4?feat=d irectlink

The sensor, which you mention, works fine. Everything works fine except IAQS sensor (wchich automatically opens/closes airflow to the cabin in the presence of unpleasant odors in the air). My V70 is equipped pretty rich with RTI, seats heating, webasto, ECC, IAQS, and other nice stuff. But this specific circuit makes me angry ;-)))