PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE 2000 XC Moondust

JRL
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
For Sale
2000 V70 XC SE Moondust/Charcoal
One local owner
Clean Carfax
No prior paintwork as far as I can tell and amazingly no dings or dents!
A VERY rare combination and very handsome, (95% have Taupe or Tan leather)
112K miles and even nicer than the other 2000 Moondust I just sold!
I will be installing a T-belt and tensioners, a full service (naturally), tailgate repair kit and 4 new tires.
Until it's checked out I can't post a sale price as I won't know what else it may need,
(if anything more than the above)
It should fall, pricewise, in between the last two XC's I sold, somewhere in the low to mid 8K range.
THIS IS A VERY, VERY NICE XC
Pictures will be added, hopefully by tomorrow if it does not rain.
If it does (rain) then after it stops!

JRL
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
As promised...PICTURES.[thumbup]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/JRL1194/2000%20%20V70%20XC%20MOONDUST%20CHARCOAL/2000XCMoondustleft.jpg
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/JRL1194/2000%20%20V70%20XC%20MOONDUST%20CHARCOAL/2000XCMoondustfront.jpg
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/JRL1194/2000%20%20V70%20XC%20MOONDUST%20CHARCOAL/2000XCmoondustrear.jpg
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/JRL1194/2000%20%20V70%20XC%20MOONDUST%20CHARCOAL/2000XCshifter.jpg

JRL
05-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Car is sold

crh
08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
It's overpriced. I paid $2,600.00 for essentially the same car, perfect CarFax, a 1998 but with the superior mechanical throttle, every option, no dents or dings, not a scratch. Everything worked perfectly, service was all done right- all big and small maintenance 'stations of the cross'; new water pump, oil pump and pan o-rings, new timing, serpentine, all guides, idlers and tensioners, PCV kit done, many upgrades, perfect front end, suspension, new tires, perfect rims, all new brakes- everything expertly done with oem or better equipment, 6 CD player, perfect leather, new exhaust, a well-kept CA car that's clean as a whistle with 2" of receipts.

Granted, it's a pretty rare price for my new used car. But you're stabbing people with top-shelf prices on an enthusiasts' forum, where people are enthralled with what they take to be other members' cars for sale, and you're NOT a dealer? C'mon. You MUST make at least part of your living selling cars on this and other Volvo sites. That means you flip 'em and at a profit- nice examples, but the prices are way above ANY book, and who's doing the work? You? Warranty? Receipts? JRL, you've got too many of these 'amazing' cars on these sites to be just an enthusiast with a few cars of his own to sell... you're trying for prices that are only warranted if the work and the car are all under warrantee, and the work's done by a Certified Volvo mechanic or *better*. Who does the work? Why should anyone trust a guy who pisses down everyone's back and expects them to believe that it's raining?

For a guy with a douche attitude and apparently an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Volvos, you do a nice business in this niche market... how many of these suckers know what, how and why the f*ck you're doing, Jim? Maybe no one even cares, and that's probably true... but your cars are overpriced and unwarranted, serviced by who knows, worst of all maybe by you, and sold to those on this forum by a guy with an almost overweening contempt for the forum members to whom he sells his cars... they're your fellow forum members, Jim- it might be at least common courtesy to try and treat them better than the marks they are to you.

JRL
08-07-2010, 04:28 AM
What is your problem?
I can't recall ever saying anything to you at all or personally attacking you for no reason.
This XC was sold 90 days ago to the head of a CHURCH in new England. He is quite happy with it, got a catalytic converter sent to him from me FOR FREE AFTER the sale as his CEL went off when he arrived home (this is the way I am and I dare you to find a small independent dealer who will do that) and has recommended to a friend of his to buy a Volvo from me.

What's the point of posting in this thread now?:confused::confused:

Oh, please show me where anyone can or will warrant a 12-13 year old car with 100K miles?
Doesn't happen.
I used to (give a free 6 mo warranty) but the company changed hands and stopped paying claims so I dropped them.

NO ONE SELLS A LEGITIMATE WARRANTY for old cars anymore and I won't give anyone a false sense of security and then if they make a claim, it be denied.

Receipts?
The customer gets everything I have in the car's packet, every nickel spent, every part I bought has a receipt.

...and if you have some issue you don't post a (unfounded) tirade in a classified section, you post it in a general forum.
Perhaps YOU are the douchebag, the type of law enforcement "person" that we all loved to hate (and were scareed ****less of) when we were young. [mad2] the type that would beat you wil your club first, ask questions later
Have a nice semi-retirement in CA, dinosaur.

gshadow325
08-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Jim, Maybe you should send him a care package since his address is in his user profile.

Tonight you should eat something that does not agree with your stomach. When the time comes, save it in medium flat rate box and send it to him. Just to thank him for his valuable opinion.;)