PDA

View Full Version : Are bulbs included under warranty?

coastal
11-12-2001, 12:44 AM
Getting a message that a position light or something is out. Looks like its the top left rear red.

I'm not too concerned with the cost of the bulb itself but do you know if the warranty covers this and the labour cost to replace it?

If not covered, any tricks I should know in doing it myself?

Also, I think I've seen it posted elsewhere but how do you delete the warning messages?

Thanks!

Art
11-12-2001, 09:59 AM
Coastal,

Took a quick glace at the warranty info but it remains unclear whether bulbs are included. Under wear and tear items, it lists a number of items but no mention of bulbs. It goes on to say, however, that the list may not be limited to those items, so it could also mean that bulbs are covered. :confused: Anyways, I guess you could check with your local Volvo service depot. Here is the URL to the post about the service light indicator:

http://www.volvospy.com/w-agora4/view.php?bn=volvospy_newv70c70ubb&key=1003971836&f irst

I'm not quite sure if this is the post you were referring. to.

saabstory
11-12-2001, 12:09 PM
I've read several posts elsewhere about dealers replacing bulbs (over and over again) free of charge. There may be recognized life span issues.

--Adam

theGhost
12-10-2001, 10:40 AM
I have a '01XC and both headlights and 1 brake light have gone out.  I replaced the first one myself, but took it to the dealer when the other two both blew on the same day.  The dealer replaced all 4 bulbs with 'improved life span' bulbs and replaced a harness per bulletin.  I don't have the bulletin number off hand, but you may want to call your dealer to see if it applies to your VIN.

As for deleting the warning messages, the system should clear the message itself when the bulb is replaced.

Good luck!
- theGhost

coastal
12-10-2001, 02:17 PM
yeah.. sure sounds like they've got a lifespan issue with the bulbs..

Sounds like they're taking care of the issue, but I can see this getting annoying!