PDA

View Full Version : 2001 remote recall

XC TOM
03-20-2002, 09:16 AM
I have pasted below a post about recall of 2001 remotes and a second post commenting on first post and remote failure history. These are both from the News Group "alt.autos.volvo". Thought this would be of interest to us all.    XC TOM

"I got a letter today saying that the keyless remotes for our 2001 V70 XC were recalled.  There are rubber o-rings under the buttons that give them their bounce.  The recall is to replace these o-rings.  We already had one fail and the other is acting up. Hopefully they will fix them right this time.

The recall seems to be for all 2001 remotes."

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to [email protected]
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA
   Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '02 Volvos.
   The '67,'74,'79,'87,'95 and '02 through European Delivery.
 www.users.fast.net/~shenning/index.html#anchor1325507.

"Volvo has tried many ways of fixing remotes first it was open he remotes up shave plastic ridges from the gaskets , second it was change the gasket & buttons upon a customer complaint now it is service campaign 108 were we change the gaskets & buttons on all of the remotes at this time since the service camp is to new I do not have any data to state if this is a long term fix or a quick fix
Glenn
Volvo Master Technician"

trysha
03-20-2002, 10:07 AM
I got a letter in the mail about this yesterday telling me to call for an appointment.

Wasn't there a recall for the lugnuts on the wheels of the 2001 models?   They seem to rust and become orange after time.