PDA

View Full Version : Secret Stereo Menus

Neil Livingston
04-25-2002, 11:42 PM
Hi All,

Many people probably already knows this but I found it very interesting so thought I would share it. Trawling through some old threads in another board I found a description of how to get to "secret" menus for the stereo.

It is written in the manual that if you hold the On button for 5 or so seconds when turning the stereo on, you get to a menu. However what is not written is that if you hold many of the other stereo buttons in while powering the unit on you get other menus (what menu depends on what button you hold).

Many of the menus are very techncial and complicated but the one I found very useful is if you hold the Source button on for 5 secs while turning the unit on you get a menu where you can individually control the strength of each of the Bass, Mid range and Tweeter speakers individually in the car.

Cheers
Neil

taylor
04-29-2002, 12:25 AM
I've been able to adjust the ASC and the SRC (?), but haven't been able to find the other menus.

Has anyone got further information on what the different functions will do?

Neil Livingston
04-29-2002, 03:50 PM
Hi Taylor,

Do you mean you have found the ASC and SRC in the standard menu only and have not managed to access the other menu's?

Maybe it is only a feature on some of the stereo models?

Anyway I am not sure if my explanantion on how to access these other menus was very clear so here is another attempt.

1) Turn the stereo off.
2) Push and hold the Source Button
3) Keep holding the source button in and at the same time push the on button turning the stereo on (keeping the Source button pushed for around 5 seconds)
4) Hopefully a new menu will then appear!
5) Try the same process pushing and holding other stereo buttons while turning on and see the different menus.

The funstions seem to do everything from individual speaker settings, through to setting the sensitivity of the areial and testing and resetting the whole system.

P.S. Just write down any settings you wish to make before making them as some of the menus are quite complicated  and long.

Cheers
Neil

Prepo
04-29-2002, 10:35 PM
When you get each menu, how precisely do you then make an adjustment - for example, to the antenna sensitivity?  Thanks.

coastal
04-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Hi there,

For adjusting, I'll have to double check but I seem to recall turning the source button to move through the menu choices, and hitting the source button to select an option.

I haven't gotten a chance to test out Neil's suggestion but I do know that some models of the HU-613 behave differently. I think this has to do with the build date, so don't start pulling out your hair if the buttons don't function as you'd expect. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I'll try and get some time with the car sometime over the next couple days to test the different buttons to see what they do, then document what can be changed and how.

It's tax day for us (Canada) tomorrow and yes, I'm way behind on getting them together so probably won't be until Wed. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

PS, sorry for any confusion in my screen name. I was using "taylor" for testing the new forums last night. I'm back to coastal now, for no apparent reason. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif