PDA

View Full Version : No Classified Section?

rkymtnrider
03-06-2010, 10:13 PM
The title pretty much sums it up.
Curious why there is not a classified section here on VolvoXC.com?
Seems like it could be a valuable resource.

-OR-

Maybe there is and in my Noobness I have overlooked it?

***Nevermind me... I found it...

Allen
03-06-2010, 11:22 PM
What are you wanting?

Myself, I'm wanting an early 90's Porsche 928. :)

rkymtnrider
03-06-2010, 11:39 PM
What are you wanting?

03 or newer for around $10k.

I've got an '84 Westy looking for a new home.

Allen
03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
03 or newer for around $10k.

I've got an '84 Westy looking for a new home.

Good luck. :)

colin
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
You mean like this? http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13 (http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

JRL
03-07-2010, 01:58 PM
TRY LOOKING (below):confused:

billr99
03-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Do you guys ever read the whole post before you sound off with some kind of insulting BS response? The OP says further down in his post that he found it. And don't claim he edited it after you posted because he had already put that on there when there was only one response this morning.

Jeez, the power of the Internet! More like the power of the dufus!

JRL
03-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I saw that so why didn't he just delete his post,
if he couldn't totally delete a first post, CHANGE IT ENTIRELY?? [sly]

billr99
03-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I saw that so why didn't he just delete his post,
if he couldn't totally delete a first post, CHANGE IT ENTIRELY?? [sly]
Probably cause very few folks know that you can delete a post , know they can edit it or care if they could. When it comes to forums, regardless of the subject, the vast majority of people are sloppy and careless. Simple as that.

If it hadn't been for computer and technical dufi (as in plural of dufus), I could have spent the last 30 years doing something useful (like building and working on race cars [thumbup]),instead of doing things like building applications and writing help text. :(

Cheers,

Bill

rkymtnrider
03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Yep. I could have deleted it. But, I love to get peoples blood pressure to rise over the stupidest of SH*T. It brings me complete joy to witness assholes like JRL come unglued because someone didn't delete a post and they were forced to respond.

Tell me JRL are you, like, the mayor of Volvoland? If so, it makes me reconsider purchasing one if it means I will be categorized in a group with you!
[thumbup]

Forkster
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Alright alright. I'm closing this thread if it gets worse. Sorry rkymtnrider for your experience - it's not how we like to greet newcomers to this forum. Don't worry, it's a great place to find info on the cars we love. :)

lexefx
03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
If so, it makes me reconsider purchasing one if it means I will be categorized in a group with you!

I like Jim personally, I bught my car from him, and I look forward to buying another from him. Buy a car based on your needs not it's association.

Alex

JRL
03-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Tell me JRL are you, like, the mayor of Volvoland? If so, it makes me reconsider purchasing one if it means I will be categorized in a group with you!
[thumbup]

Then that would be your loss, my Volvos are THE best around...
ANYWHERE
(Don't take my word for it, ask someone who has bought one of my cars, ask on Swedespeed where MANY happy owners have).

That's OK though, go buy a POS Volvo from someone else who has
1: Not maintained the car and is in need of thousands of dollars of work
2: Won't represent it truthfully "" "" ""
3: Just doesn't know anything and is unaware

rkymtnrider
03-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Ha! You own a car dealership! That is too funny! You ARE the 'mayor of Volvoland'!

I would think you would be a little more considerate in your choice of words when responding to a prospective client. But what ever, It's not a big deal. If I was in PA I'd happily stop in and check out your inventory. I can't speak for the others (looking to buy) that read your comments though.

lexefx
03-15-2010, 09:20 AM
If I was in PA I'd happily stop in and check out your inventory. I can't speak for the others (looking to buy) that read your comments though.

Thats the bueaty of how Jim works. He finds you exactly what your looking for, and heads out for personal inspection on your behalf. I asked for a less common color combo, with 30k or less miles.

He found one, we disccused the condition carefully in advance and when he was face to face with the car.

I went to PA to pick it up, and drove back to IN. I'd do it again in a moment!

While his comments may be easy to take personally, he knows his stuff - and relies on good word of mouth to sell cars. This is the guy you want to be your eyes if your not there.

There were zero suprises when I came in.
All said and done, I saved thousands.

Alex

rkymtnrider
03-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm sure Jim is a Fantastic guy. I'm glad he has helped you, and others, find the cars you were looking for.
If you go back and read the very first post in this thread you will see that I too was/am looking for a car. I couldn't find the classified section at first, and being new to this forum considered that there possibly was not one. So I asked. I dug a little deeper and found the Classified section buried in a different section of the site. Whoopee! I found it! So I let everyone know I found it! But you see, Jim seemed to find it necessary to put me in my place. Which I find very interesting because:
1. It really wasn't that big of a deal
and
2. Jim sells cars right? So why would he not jump on the opportunity to sell me one? He can clearly see I am looking to buy something. Why not ask if he can help me out and make a little money while at it?
I've got nothing against Jim besides the notion that he maybe could have treated me (my post) with a little bit of respect.
Have a great day gentlemen.

XC70_D5_Sweden
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
i'm sure jim is a fantastic guy. I'm glad he has helped you, and others, find the cars you were looking for.
If you go back and read the very first post in this thread you will see that i too was/am looking for a car. I couldn't find the classified section at first, and being new to this forum considered that there possibly was not one. So i asked. I dug a little deeper and found the classified section buried in a different section of the site. Whoopee! I found it! So i let everyone know i found it! But you see, jim seemed to find it necessary to put me in my place. Which i find very interesting because:
1. It really wasn't that big of a deal
and
2. Jim sells cars right? So why would he not jump on the opportunity to sell me one? He can clearly see i am looking to buy something. Why not ask if he can help me out and make a little money while at it?
I've got nothing against jim besides the notion that he maybe could have treated me (my post) with a little bit of respect.
Have a great day gentlemen.

+1!