PDA

View Full Version : 200,000 Miles Up

Puff The Magic Wagon!
02-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Purchased new October 04 and it's just clocked 200,000 miles :D

It's had issues (most noted in here) but nothing too major.

Just developed an "off-load" whine from the back which I need to look into and it needs either a new steering rack or u/j on the steering column and some brake pads/discs. Otherwise it's in pretty good order (we won't discuss the coolant issue as that was manmade).

The paintwork has survived remarkably well - yes, there are some stone-chips but the paint/laquer is so well put on, that when it's clean, it's fine. The plastic mouldings have car park scratches etc but the snout has definately saved the looks by stopping loads of stone-chips.

Inside it could look like new if I valeted it one day. Leather is still in really good order and bar some wear on the drivers footwell carpet, the rest is fine.

It's all paid for, it owes me nothing, has good fuel consumption, carries/tows anything I throw at it, it's comfortable, practical and still looks great. I can't see me getting rid of it, there's no point as I won't find anything as good.

:)

JRL
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Paint/ENAMEL
NO ONE uses laguer, it's illegal (has been for years) to use it now

jda2000
02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Congratulations on the mileage, well done.[thumbup]

Now write to Volvo Cars and ask for the 200k miles medallion.

slowflyer
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Now write to Volvo Cars and ask for the 200k miles medallion.

It isn't a medallion anymore :(. I only got a square sticker for 100K - still haven't seen the one for 200K yet.

jda2000
02-28-2010, 08:37 AM
It isn't a medallion anymore :(. I only got a square sticker for 100K - still haven't seen the one for 200K yet.

Sorry to hear that,
Last time I wrote to Volvo Cars North America was about 5-6 years ago for the 200K medallion for my 240, it was a metal medallion not a sticker.
Hate these cheap bastards