PDA

View Full Version : Do our XC70s...

Dbone
02-13-2010, 04:53 PM
...come with synthetic oil right from the get go or what?

Again, don't take delivery for a few months. Was just wondering...

Cheers

toma nova
02-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I doubt it. Most manufacturers will tout their use of sythentic fill from the factory (Porsche, Corvette, Cadillac, AMG) if they use it. Some go far as to specify synthentic on the oil cap.

I'll be changing to Mobil 1 after the first 500 miles or so. I'll probably avoid the Safe and Sound and do all my own routine maintenance (like usual). YMMV.

Tom

XCovlov70
02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Ours did and it gives the details in the Owners Handbook which took me 3 days to go through before we got the vehicle. It also caused some surprises at the Dealers when I went back with a few ??? to which they had no answers and had to 'Phone a friend'.

I also understand that should you have a 'problem' by not using the correct oil then you null and void the warranty and analysis by the garage will be carried out to check.
Having said that, not sure if you can get this across the Pond but I found this company and there engine oil fully meets the spec which you can check on line:
http://www.millersoils.net/

It is about 50% cheaper than getting the Castrol Oil from our Volvo Garage and is also the same oil used in Audi newer Diesels with a 30,000 Mile 'lifespan' :D

I doubt it. Most manufacturers will tout their use of sythentic fill from the factory (Porsche, Corvette, Cadillac, AMG) if they use it. Some go far as to specify synthentic on the oil cap.

I'll be changing to Mobil 1 after the first 500 miles or so. I'll probably avoid the Safe and Sound and do all my own routine maintenance (like usual). YMMV.

Tom