PDA

View Full Version : snow

xc70boy
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM
my xc performed very well in the white stuff...here she is in all her glory![thumbup]

ncxc
02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Very cool. Mine handled like a champ in it as well.

gary
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
My XC performed well too...after I got it dug out. :D We ended up with about 34 inches over the weekend and another 10-20 inches is possible for us tomorrow. Us folks in the mid-Atlantic States aren't use to these kinds of amounts of snow, and I'm thankful for my XC, although I have to admit I did not try to drive on unplowed roads.

XC70_D5_Sweden
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Nice! They handle snow very well. Took mine out the other day for a evenings fishing. The last road was not ploughed, we decided to test the car. It made its way through 30 cm of snow with no hassle. Love this car! :D

Nice color, I also have the polarctic blue. Not so common in Sweden, but maybe abroad?

Au_xc70_03
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
My XC performed well too...after I got it dug out. :D We ended up with about 34 inches over the weekend and another 10-20 inches is possible for us tomorrow. Us folks in the mid-Atlantic States aren't use to these kinds of amounts of snow, and I'm thankful for my XC, although I have to admit I did not try to drive on unplowed roads.

Very cool to have awesome car for when snow falls where ever u are[thumbup]:cool:[cool2]

Popeaa
02-12-2010, 01:03 AM
I go to school at Hofstra University, and just yesterday we got hit with a pretty decent snowstorm. Long Island wasn't really too prepared, so I took the opportunity of un-plowed city roads and bare empty parking lots to enjoy the fluff!:D

This is the only video I made, even though I was out driving for 8 hours into the night.[cool2]

Here's the link to the Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99wZBdv9OZg) Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99wZBdv9OZg << just in case the hyper link doesn't work

xc70boy
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM
yet again more white stuff...all my sons friends had to walk to school but my boys got a xc70 no walking for him! :D

Chilled Man
02-14-2010, 12:49 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii298/R410a/snowpics2010.jpg

xc70boy
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
hi chilled man im trying to upload pictures the same size as yours but for some reason i cant? ..please help!!!!!:o

Chilled Man
02-14-2010, 03:33 PM
www.photobucket.com :D

Aviator
02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Got snow?

Dave.

gary
02-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Got snow?

Dave.

Just a little bit. :)

billr99
02-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Got snow?

Dave.

You got any, Dave? Almost all gone down here in the "Banana Belt". Funny, eh? Here we are with not much snow, temps not too bad and all those folks down South having generous portion of snow and freezing temps. Not bad living in "frigid Nova Scotia". [thumbup]

Cheers,

Bill

Aviator
02-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Hey Bill!! We've got what you might call broken cloud cover snow on the ground out here. I have a fair amount of ice in the driveway, and have been cracking it up lately with the warmer temps. We've been really lucky here, and I've been personally lucky (WRT snow amounts) as I dislocated my left shoulder in a slip and fall on ice at work on Jan.22. Lack of snow means no shovelling, and it's just been the past few days that I've been able to finally somewhat use my left shoulder (weak) to use a shovel or ice blade. The girls at physio warn me everyday about taking it easy!!

Dave.

Au_xc70_03
02-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Fresh powder last nite

Chilled Man
02-15-2010, 08:47 PM
snowing now
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii298/R410a/c70insnow.jpg

billr99
02-16-2010, 06:13 AM
I love it! Better you guys "down South" for once than us folks up here.

Have fun,

Bill

Aviator
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Better check your forecast Bill......we're gonna get a dumping tonight :(

Dave.

billr99
02-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Better check your forecast Bill......we're gonna get a dumping tonight :(

Dave.

But rain along the coast. I hope to luck out. [thumbup]

Cheers,

Bill

Allen
02-16-2010, 08:53 AM
XC70's are marvelous in the snow. I finally got a good chance to try it out in the snow over the holidays with that big system that dumped on the southeast. I made a 650 mile trip from Virginia Beach to middle Tennessee. The trip normally takes 10.5 hours, the trip through the snow took me 19 hours. That XC70 saved my butt at least three times. I had no idea it was unstoppable, but it is.

billr99
02-17-2010, 05:03 AM
But rain along the coast. I hope to luck out. [thumbup]

Cheers,

Bill

Damn, I'm getting hammered! 15cm already on the ground and another 10cm coming. Nice heavy wet stuff, too.[cussing]

Oh well, once I dig out the ole XC will see if we can get her out of the driveway. Arghhhh!

Bill

Aviator
02-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Bill, we've got over a foot out here. Got both the Toyotas stuck in the driveway but once that was cleared up we got the XC out and up and down the street no problem. We'll be lucky if our street is ploughed by this time tomorrow.....literally!!

Dave.

billr99
02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
A foot is about where it ended up by the time it quit. Nice slippery stuff but the XC got thru it as well as what the plow had thrown up to get out onto the road. Got moving from a dead stop, almost as good as my Rovers use to be able to do. But would prefer 20C and sun to all of this.

Cheers,

Bill

duncan
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM
My XC has been spending the day in it's heated parking spot, enjoying it's first wash in about 3 months. I'm trying to avoid immediately covering it in salt again!

Aviator
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
I watched my XC perform this morning in over a foot of snow covering the entire street except for areas where people had ploughed or blown snow, in which case it was more than a foot. My wife was driving and heading off to work. She backed down the driveway into the snow, started to take off, the RF wheel spun maybe a 1/4 turn and that was it.....the car took off straight as an arrow like a friggin' rocket!! No wheels spinning but you could tell that all wheels were at work by the snow being chucked up; it looked so effortless. I watched her until she was out of sight, then when she hit the main road, which was ploughed, she honked the horn to signal all is well. I was very impressed and happy to see that beast perform!! Even though that car gets cursed up and down when it cries out for a repair, it is satisfying to see the thing work as it was designed, and to know and appreciate that it was built to handle extreme conditions. Shortly after that I watched my daughter's boyfriend get stuck in that same snow in his Jimmy....and IT was in 4WD. He rocked it back and forth for a few minutes and finally broke free but the whole thing yawed/fishtailed to the left all the way up the street. He wasn't too impressed!!

Dave.

Adrian
02-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Norway.. oh Norway..