PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Thing(s) about your XC..

Sunstone_XC70
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes I know its alittle cheesy,,but I had to ask.

I may as well start :

Favourite things
1. Love the chunky looks
2. Slightly high riding position
3. The comfy seats and soft leather
4. Good sound from Premium Audio system
5. Like the way that the bluetooth and USB input work seamlessly
6. The Huge luggage space
7. The saftey aspect too, gives me peace of mind when transporting my 14mnth daughter
8. Smooth Ride
9. Good sounding diesel engine

On my wish list
1. 18" Rims
2. Dynaudio System

Things I dislike
1. Nothing yet we're only 3 weeks in..

it would be interesting to hear what you guys like/dislike.

Steve:p

Dbone
02-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Seeing that I have yet to take delivery of my vehicle, I can only speak on the items that made me drawn to the car and wanting to purchase it :)

1) Interior in general. I believe that Volvo does interiors as well the others. I personally believe Volvo interiors are right on point with Audi and the likes...maybe even a bit nicer in my opinion.

2) Seats. I have back issues and I am left with the impression that I could drive forever in those seats without a problem. I real standout compared to those of other manufacturers in my view.

3) Utility. I have a 200+ pound dog so I needed a large cargo area. There are not many other cars/wagons I can think of that have a nice big cargo area like the XC...no without going to an SUV...

4) Safety focus.

These are the main items but I just generally take to the volvo design philosophy of simplicity in design, clean design, practicality etc. I don't consider myself a badge flasher. I just like a nice premium vehicle coupled with practicality is all.

Cheers

Sunstone_XC70
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I must agree with you there on all points.

I meant to list interior. Its a great place to be. Its spacious and very well put together.

I own a BMW and the interior is at least as good and certainly looks better.

xc70boy
02-05-2010, 05:09 PM
did you have a ride in the snow ? Mine was great is a 54 plate [thumbup]

Kramer
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Favourite things

On my wish list

2. Dynaudio System

Premium audio IS Dynaudio system. OR in your country it's not?

Lotus99
02-05-2010, 05:48 PM

On my wish list
1. 18" Rims
2. Dynaudio System

By wish list, you mean something you'd like to eventually do, like a modification, I'd assume now that you've got the car. I can see 18" wheels in future, but how are you planning on upgrading the stereo to Dynaudio now that the car's built? That would take a lot of effort and $ I'd think, if it's even doable!

Sunstone_XC70
02-06-2010, 12:39 AM
By wish list, you mean something you'd like to eventually do, like a modification, I'd assume now that you've got the car. I can see 18" wheels in future, but how are you planning on upgrading the stereo to Dynaudio now that the car's built? That would take a lot of effort and $ I'd think, if it's even doable!

I should've retitled the wish list to things 'i'd like to have had'

I'm quite happy with the 17" rims they ride well but simply for appeareance the 18" rims would've suited this big car better. Can't see me upgrading the rims for a few years yet.

Sunstone_XC70
02-06-2010, 12:42 AM

In the UK, there's premium sound and then there Dynaudio. The premium isn't too bad at all. I was very surprised. But I do like my tunes and maybe wish i'd stretched alittle bit further !

Sunstone_XC70
02-06-2010, 12:45 AM
did you have a ride in the snow ? Mine was great is a 54 plate [thumbup]

I'm reckoning not to play with you guys in the snow as our model is the DRIVe model which is FWD only.

We opted for this model as we liked the car but the wife does lots of miles and wanted more economy.

Kramer
02-06-2010, 01:04 AM
In the UK, there's premium sound and then there Dynaudio. The premium isn't too bad at all. I was very surprised. But I do like my tunes and maybe wish i'd stretched alittle bit further !

Here in Australia there are two options:

Standard: "High-Performance Sound with 8 speakers"
"Premium Sound, 12 Dynaudio speakers"

exfive
02-06-2010, 06:21 AM

I may as well start :

Favourite things
1. Love the chunky looks
2. Slightly high riding position
3. The comfy seats and soft leather
5. Like the way that the bluetooth and USB input work seamlessly
6. The Huge luggage space
7. The saftey aspect too, gives me peace of mind when transporting my 14mnth daughter
8. Smooth Ride
9. Good sounding diesel engine

On my wish list
1. 18" Rims
2. Dynaudio System

Things I dislike
1. Nothing yet we're only 3 weeks in..

it would be interesting to hear what you guys like/dislike.

Well, I agree with all your favourite points apart from the motor sound - nothing that great IMHO (but I have the old motor) compared to a X5 diesel I had. I do like the interior and the way everything matches - every part of text in the Volvo font - and feels quality.

I can gloat and say I love the look of the 18" wheels and the Dynaudio sound is awesome ! In summer I LOVE the vented seats...

Strangely I also now enjoy the fact that clients don't mind I drive a Volvo, unlike a Benz, BMW etc. It is a "client friendly" car which is a bit individual (where I live anyway !) but still is a bit "under the radar"...

I do find the ride a bit strange at lowish speeds on some of the rough roads around town with the handling a bit mushy but as I get older, that matters less to me than being a great car to travel long distances comfortably (in a quiet environment)...

Cape Cod Bound
02-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Loving the car but got stuck with the non-turbo (Canada released the Turbo in late 2008 - my son wrote the 2002 off in Fall 2007).

Safety and flying under the radar (sometimes litteraly!) are key.

That's why we love Audi as wll.

Enjoy! [thumbup]

Did I mention safety?! Huge hit by a Range Rover and no injuries or drama!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/AudiAdvocate/IMG_0322.jpg?t=1265556415

Sunstone_XC70
02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Here in Australia there are two options:

Standard: "High-Performance Sound with 8 speakers"
"Premium Sound, 12 Dynaudio speakers"

thought i'd better own up to getting my wires crossed...you're right here its the same as here too

its the 8 speaker system 'High Performance' that I've got and the Dynaudio in indeed the Premium audio setup :D

Lotus99
02-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Loving the car but got stuck with the non-turbo (Canada released the Turbo in late 2008 - my son wrote the 2002 off in Fall 2007).

Did I mention safety?! Huge hit by a Range Rover and no injuries or drama!

That doesn't look that bad... Was it a writeoff because the car was already 5 years old at that time?