PDA

View Full Version : RTI Navigation Discs.

FHZ2717
02-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi,I have just bought a late 2002 highly specced XC70 D5 as a replacement for my 2001 V70XC 2.4petrol.There really is nothing else that suits my needs any better.The RTI Satnav(pop-up dash screen) is putting up the message 'The disc in the DVD Player cannot be read.Please check the disc'

The disc that is in the system is a later disc than the original that the previous owner got off Ebay to try but it didnt work for him.The original disc(which I also have)is physically broken(cracked in half).

Is it possible for me to get a disc for the system or is the system now obsolete? Can discs be copied? the number on the broken disc is DV-P2001/P28E-3 I am in UK.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.Also is it possible to lower the screen whilst driving?

Thanks.Paul.:confused:

kamiar
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi,I have just bought a late 2002 highly specced XC70 D5 as a replacement for my 2001 V70XC 2.4petrol.There really is nothing else that suits my needs any better.The RTI Satnav(pop-up dash screen) is putting up the message 'The disc in the DVD Player cannot be read.Please check the disc'

The disc that is in the system is a later disc than the original that the previous owner got off Ebay to try but it didnt work for him.The original disc(which I also have)is physically broken(cracked in half).

Is it possible for me to get a disc for the system or is the system now obsolete? Can discs be copied? the number on the broken disc is DV-P2001/P28E-3 I am in UK.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.Also is it possible to lower the screen whilst driving?

Thanks.Paul.:confused:

Google search and file sharing technology are your friend...

Ocean Racer
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Thepiratebay.org has them
(not sure if I can mention this?)

FHZ2717
02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Found this tonight on 'how to mend it.com' (I never was one for reading instructions!)

'hi jane, your satnav will not go down till it read the disc. i had exactly the same problem. if u read your manual it tells u onthe how to replace the disk. put your key in the ignition and put it on the second turn and then take your disc out and put it back in and then jus take the ignition key out.give few minutes and put the ignition key back in to 2 turn and wait for the sat nav to adjust itself. i did the same and my sat nav started working. once it starts working it will shut down when u do so . i hope it helps everyone as it worked for me. thanx'

And it worked!. RTI is now working perfectly!

Paul.