PDA

View Full Version : 2010 xc90...what to expect.

lrdchaos
02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Just picked up a 2010 xc90 awd, just wondering what to expect from the vehicle. I did a little reading on the forums before the purchase and read about a few issues. I know how forums are and I see a few reoccuring issues, but most of the issues seem to be with the 03-06 90's, how are the newer ones? They seem to have better build quality from what I have read. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Excimer
02-04-2010, 07:52 AM
I have had three weeks with my XC90 2010 V8 and have 1200 miles on it. I have had zero defects and all has worked perfectly. Seemingly this is as it should be but my prior ride was a Cayenne Transsyberia and before that a MB G55. Both had electronic problems prior to 1K which required replacement or repair of the central information/command center. The 55 ate its tranny at 40K and the Cayenne developed fatal engine management problems (misfire and engine dying) at 12 K (7 months of ownership). I am already ahead of the game with the XC. Do not be seduced by the perception of better quality.