PDA

View Full Version : Locakeble wheel bolts, sunglass holder - do I need those?

Kramer
01-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Before ordering xc70 I have couple questions:

Lockable wheel bolts $150 option here. Is it anti-theft? Any point of getting this?
I thought wheels are getting stolen only in third world countries?

Sunglass holder: is it going to driver side or passenger?
Nice to have but I read that it replaces the handle. Do you use/miss that handle or not?

exfive
01-29-2010, 08:13 AM

Lockable wheel bolts $150 option here. Is it anti-theft? Any point of getting this?

Nice to have but I read that it replaces the handle. Do you use/miss that handle or not?

1. No - who is going to steal a set of Volvo wheels ?

2. I have it - use it often and it does replace the handle on the drivers side. Never miss the handle at all...

Lotus99
01-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Depends where you live and park your car often, I'd guess. Though, I would think that Volvos would probably be low on a thief's list regardless. If they really want your wheels, they'll get them, as they have ways around wheel locks I'm sure. It just stops stupid little kids from stealing the wheels.

The "Oh sh!t" handle? Why would I need it on my side? Unless you need help getting out of the car b/c of physical mobility issues, I can't see a use for it. It's for the passenger while I'm taking corners hard! :D