PDA

View Full Version : I love my xc

weeble
01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
So I've had this 2006 XC for five months and about 3000 miles, most of those miles on mountain roads. Today after a day of snowboarding at Copper, driving back to Denver in light traffic under blue skies I again fell totally in to the zone behind the wheel and the car just disappeared and it just did what I wanted it do, smoothly, effortlessly, taking just a bit of finesse to get the best out it.

The XC is everything I've hoped it would be and more. Super comfortable, super practical, always enough power available to do what I want to do. Being a middle aged guy and this being my first auto tranny, I'm just amazed at how well the auto performs in the mountains. The last auto I drove in the mountains was a Caddy SRX and it was a nightmare, always downshifting but still not bringing up the power. That has been the big surprise, not suffering with the auto.

It's an awesome car! I love my XC!

RockitShip
01-17-2010, 03:57 AM
Yeah it's a great car. I'm the type of person that did a lot of research on the car
prior to purchasing. I test drove 2 XC's... the first was a 2001 with a failing ECM.
The 2nd was a 2003, which became my current XC. It was the the 2003 I immediately
fell in love with the way the car felt in terms of driving dynamics, aesthetics, size,
performance, everything felt really good. And to this day it still puts a smile on my face!
It's got one or two small things I'd like to change, such a thicker sway bars and perhaps
stiffer shocks, but it's my personal preference and I don't think it's factory setup is
inferior, it's just my preference.

I'm also amazed at the quality of the components of everything on the car. The more
I work on it, the more I discover the high quality behind everything.

awise1961
01-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Weeble,

You have mirrored my sentiments towards these Volvos.
As a BMW enthusiast for many years, I appreciate the versatility, and quality of the Volvos. I too could not be happier.

Al. Wise

uscgc70
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
I have often had these sentimental experiences with my car, especially after a full day out in the woods and on your way home you realize how great a piece of machinery your car truly is. i agree with you 100%, the XC70 is the best car for me, all things considered.

Allen
01-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I've enjoyed my XC70 for several years now, but only recently did it prove it's true strength to me.

That bad snow storm that covered the south-eastern states right before Xmas was a nightmare to travel through. My normal 10.5 hour trip took me 19 hours.

The XC got me through some hair-raising events. I can confidently say the car saved my life at least three different times.