PDA

View Full Version : 7 Seats?

HammyUK
01-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Another question I know..........

The 3rd row of seats for the 850/V70 up to MY99 - will it go into an MY01?
Again - silly price so wondering...............................

martinperry
01-16-2010, 11:13 AM
What are you?
Scrap heap challenge or something!!
Anyway, no they wont. I did the conversion last year - the P2 conversions are rare as rocking horse cr*p, and priced accordingly, even 2nd hand
If you want to DIY with new, Ive got the name of a very nice man in Swansea who will supply all parts about 30% below list. The new kit direct from volvo with EVERYTHING needed is about 450GBP

HammyUK
01-16-2010, 12:25 PM
£450?
Bloody hell.
Just there's a couple of P1 sets on Ebay and they are SOOOOO cheap makes one think..........
TBH - probably wouldn't use them but the car has just about every other option on it apart from them, family pack and the sub.
Would rather have the family pack rear seat bases though instead as I HATE having to carry the spare car seats around.
Thats what "her" car is for - lol

JRL
01-16-2010, 12:36 PM
What are you?
Scrap heap challenge or something!!
Anyway, no they wont. I did the conversion last year - the P2 conversions are rare as rocking horse cr*p, and priced accordingly, even 2nd hand
If you want to DIY with new, Ive got the name of a very nice man in Swansea who will supply all parts about 30% below list. The new kit direct from volvo with EVERYTHING needed is about 450GBP

<edit>
They haven't been available new for over TWO YEARS and a used seat is just fine.

To the OP, no they won't fit, you need a 3rd seat from a P2 car

HammyUK
01-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Cheers JRL, just wondered, will keep an eye out for the "family pack " rears.

martinperry
01-17-2010, 03:34 AM
JRL Whilst I respect you encyclopaedic knowledge, I find your response both agressive and offensive. I did not use any expletives (in abreviated form or otherwise) to the OP. "scrap heap challenge" is the name of a UK TV programme where vehicles are made from other scrapped vehicles (see OPs other posts)
Finally, I got my new conversion from a UK main agent, direct from Sweden LAST APRIL, and the ebay rate for a 2nd hand conversion is about £380 on the one occasion one has appeared in the UK in the past 18 months.
Please remember, this is not a US only forum, and some people may know a little more about their local market than you.

billr99
01-17-2010, 09:18 AM
JRL Whilst I respect you encyclopaedic knowledge, I find your response both agressive and offensive. I did not use any expletives (in abreviated form or otherwise) to the OP. "scrap heap challenge" is the name of a UK TV programme where vehicles are made from other scrapped vehicles (see OPs other posts)
Finally, I got my new conversion from a UK main agent, direct from Sweden LAST APRIL, and the ebay rate for a 2nd hand conversion is about £380 on the one occasion one has appeared in the UK in the past 18 months.
Please remember, this is not a US only forum, and some people may know a little more about their local market than you.

Well said.

Amazingly, there is more to the world car market than the US. Just amazing.:D

Cheers,

Bill

Aviator
01-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I agree with Bill!! Some people keep their heads buried in the sand, and are totally oblivious to anything else around them. We've been down this road many times with JRL and you sort of take him with a grain of salt. He hasn't really been that bad lately, so something may have triggered that response from him; I'd say he's run out of Geritol. :D You are absolutely correct, however, and nobody should have to endure such foul mouthed and uncalled for heap of parrot droppings such as has been dealt you!! My sentiments are with you....cheers!!

Dave.