PDA

View Full Version : new V70XC owner as of today..96K..2001

IHeartMyCubicle
01-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm sure the answer is within multiple threads, but I'm just looking for basic things to look out for and upcoming service milestones I should be aware of.

Did notice gasoline smell in the car as a I was driving.

Thanks and I promise I will start contributing back to the forum.

sjonnie
01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Did notice gasoline smell in the car as a I was driving.

Now that is a good thing :) Budget for at least $1000/yr in maintenance, more if you use a Volvo dealer. Run synthetic oil and do a change at least every 5K mi with a reputable mechanic that is able to check other components. Check the state of your transmission fluid and change it if it is bad. Be kind to your transmission, they aren't renowned for their robustness. And enjoy!

javaxc70
01-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Enjoy your 01! I have had mine for 3 years and have loved it! I would change the fluid and look for any weird shifting or any bad indications from the tranny. Other than that, normal wear and tear, but dealership and indys can be expensive! Don't listen to all the negative talk on the forum, 01-02 can be reliable as long as you take care of them. Welcome! :D Edit: For repairs at 100K definitely replace the timing belt, tensioner pulley, as well as the water pump if you have the cash. Also a throttle body cleaning might not be a bad idea; and check your bevel gear fluid. Hope that helps!