PDA

View Full Version : Window Regulator Sliding Pivot

tomclick
12-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I noticed 2003 XC front passenger window glass was operating erratically for a few days. Yesterday after telling my daughter not to touch the window control... and ... well she did:rolleyes:. After removing the door panel it appears both window regulator sliding pivots where cracked and the glass had come completly disconnected from the ball-joints on the the regulator/motor arm.

I ordered four (2 spare) but was hoping someone has been through this job before and might have some pointers. My god it's tight in there but I am hoping (dreading) to avoid having to drill rivets.

Here are the parts at at FCP Groton:
http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exec/product_id/28036/nm/Volvo_V70_Window_Regulator_Sliding_Pivot_2001_2007 _Scan_Tech_/category_id/334

hope all is well,
tom

skibo
01-02-2010, 03:50 AM
I just spotted, this weeks after it's posting.

I've made this repair 3 times now (twice front passenger door, once front driver). It's pretty straight-forward - in the 'resource' section there is an instruction on the removal of the inner door trim. No drilling necessary. The third time I did it in under 1 hour.

The only problem I've had is that the second time I fixed the passenger door the regulator 'lost its zero' (my terminology) and the auto-up function no longer works. I think I need a software reset, but have decided I can live with it as-is.

I ordered extra parts last time, as I expect I'll be doing this again.

colin
01-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I have done this a few times also. It is not difficult but just take your time and make sure you get all the electrical connections and the lock connector undone before you try to pull the door panel away too far.

I found the reason my sliders cracked was due to the window glass binding along the track/guide. The glass was sticking along the trailing edge towards the top of the door. After I lubricated the track with some silicone grease I have not had any more problems.