PDA

View Full Version : Roof Rack Cross Bar

colossalimage
12-02-2009, 06:50 AM
I got a cross bar from someone which claim it is for 08+ XC70. When I installed it The front is fine, but the rear seems to be an inch too long and cannot fit between the rail. I measure both bar and they are the same length. The rail is an 1.5" different from the front to back. Is there any one out there has a similar cross bar and make me a measurement. The cross bar is the aluminum wing profile one.

de.abeja
12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
They are a super pain in the ass to install. The roof rails are a different width from front to back but the crossbars are the same width. I had to adjust their length with a small black screw located on the aluminum part.

Nuke
12-03-2009, 08:06 AM
They are a super pain in the ass to install. The roof rails are a different width from front to back but the crossbars are the same width. I had to adjust their length with a small black screw located on the aluminum part.

This.

They fit on my 09 with lots of adjusting. I completely concur with the statement that they are a pain in the ass to install.

ingemar Carlsson
04-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Im going to cut 1.5 off my winged ones as its not adjustable.

XCovlov70
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I have a pair of cross bars (NOT Volvo's own) however they are held/fixed as a rectangle with a pair of Thule bike racks fitted to them.

To fit them to the roof I just ensure the front clamps are on the roof rails and then slide them along the roof rails to a predetermined place, screw up the U clamps then use the locking key and lock them in place.

Removal is the opposite, but the cross bar U clamps are only held in place by some T shaped plastic strip that you cut to length on first fitting, slide into the underneath slot on the cross bar and then put the cross bar plastic end cap on to keep it in place.

I am now able to fit and remove the whole thing in about 2 minutes and I don't need my wife to help me. [thumbup]

netpres1
04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Not sure if this helps. But are they adjustable?

My Volvo original crossbars have about 6 inches of adjustment
I have used then on my V70 and my 08 XC.
(both are wider at the back than the front)