PDA

View Full Version : 2001 XC Left Tail light and fuse.

reddevildemo
11-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi all, I did a search but came up empty handed.
My wife came home and said her tail light was out, no biggy, pulled it out and it was blown, PITA to get back in as I'm sure you all know.
Once in, it still didn't work, checked the 10a fuse and it was blown too-replaced as well.
Problem is, when ever the lights turn on the fuse blows. Tried different bulbs and even the original and no luck, keeps blowing the Left side marker/tail light fuse, #30. All other lights in rear are working fine although I am having an issue with the front Left signal light socket (on order), position light will not work or blinker will not work. Take it out and twist bulb a bit and blinker works again. Anyone have any ideas?

wgriswold
11-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Any body work lately? I once had a fuse blow repeatedly and finally traced it to a wire that had been pinched when the car was reassembled after relatively minor body work.

Aviator
11-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Disconnect the LF socket, put in a new fuse and install bulb to LR and see what happens. If all is well in the rear, then your problem is at the LF.

Dave.

reddevildemo
11-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys. No bpdy work at all.
I will try the front light....need more fuses. UGH

Chilled Man
11-29-2009, 03:25 PM
check in the rear panel driver side there is some relays there that might have fried out also

reddevildemo
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I'll check those too, thanks.

Allen
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I've had to replace my left and right tail light assemblies. They started blowing bulbs because of internal corrosion, I presume.

The guts are not very sturdy, but luckily the assemblies are not hard to remove and replace.

babalu87
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
These cars eat WAY too many bulbs

I drove that Dakota for 15 years and the only bulb (other than A, ONE, 1 headlight) I ever replaced was a rear tailight and that was due to my screw up wiring the trailer lights.

We've been replacing bulbs in this since we bought it