PDA

View Full Version : Wing Mirror Intermittent Malfunction

peterb
11-23-2009, 04:19 PM
With summer almost upon us and the weather hot of late, the passenger side wing mirror of my MY08 XC70 often refuses to swing in or out on locking/unlocking the car after it has been out in the sun for a while. Normal function resumes once the car is back under cover and has cooled down. The local dealer has never heard of this problem and has no real clues as to the cause. Has anyone here experienced this problem and/or have any ideas?

XCovlov70
12-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Have you tried doing a 'Re-set' through the Car Functions that you can find via the Radio Screen and the 'Menu' 'Enter' buttons?

I'm not in my XC70 at the moment but my Senior Citizens Memory re-calls the 'Car Settings' selection that you can call this up from.

The other thing you might try is with the Key Fob fully in the slot, push the Engine Start once then put a finger on each of the Mirror Fold in Buttons in the door console and see if they fold in that way.

I have to use this to shoehorn ours into the garage thanks to a miserable builder who made the garage on the slim side, so if I go in with the mirrors out they get ripped off!! :eek: Not a good move with Volvo Replacement prices. :mad: