PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone kits

joshua
12-23-2001, 10:59 AM
Hi - we're likely to get a new 2002 XC in the next week, and one issue is how to install a hands-free phone kit for a Nokia. We have such a kit on the 850 that we're selling (and in the 940 that we are keeping), and we could probably just move it over to the XC, but I'd like to know what other owners have done - considering whatever dealer options there are as well. This is be an Ocean Race model so that's all the more reason not to hack up the interior.

Art
12-23-2001, 11:09 AM
Hi Joshua, welcome to the site! There was a discussion about this very subject a while back. The postings talked about the various phone options for the XC and how one of the members (Mastiha) had the integrated pad and handset installed in his own car.

http://www.v70xc.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=53 (http://www.v70xc.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=53)

joshua
12-24-2001, 10:18 AM
Hi Art - I saw that thread, but still wonder what decisions other members may have made and why.  I'll also follow up with any other information I get.  Thanks!

saabstory
12-26-2001, 02:38 PM
Joshua,

I have a Nokia 8860/8260 kit for my phone. It consists of a speaker that plugs into the 12v, a couple cords/wires, and a phone holder. The microphone wire was long enough for me to run it behind the glove box, up the A pilar, and tuck it under the mirror/lights/electronics cluster. I mounted the phone holder on the front of the dash cup holder. That is the perfect place for the Nokia because the size of the cup holder and the phone are almost the same. The coiled cord that connects the phone to the speaker module lays nicely in front of the pen holder.

(I sound like a broken record here...) I'll take a picture when I get back home from the holiday and post it.

--Adam

joshua
12-30-2001, 12:14 PM
At the recommendation of the Cingular installer, we're getting a phone mount by Panavise that goes in with no external screws (see panavaise.com for more info).  We also picked up a wiring harness at the dealer.  The hands free kit goes in later this week.  We'll probably go with the flush mount antenna rather than the external unit.  Probably about &#36200 for the whole deal.  The kit we'll use fits all 3200/5100/6100/7100 series Nokias.  I can post a follow up if others are interested.