PDA

View Full Version : Fluid check/top off AOC/Haldex oil?

dagibby
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Where is the port to top off the Haldex fluid? How do I check the level and what should it be? I've noticed the case has some oily residue and am concerned going into AWD season. 2003 XC70 60k
Thanks ,
Dave

dagibby
11-12-2009, 12:05 PM
does anyone know where the fill/check port is on the haldex is? the oil is $30 per/ 175 ml and I'd rather not see any on the garage floor. Please help.

BillAileo
11-12-2009, 12:51 PM
From VADIS is appears it is a flange screw located on the driver's side of the body of the Haldex unit where the wiring harness makes a ninety degree turn. That wiring harness can make it hard to notice the screw as it is in a slightly recessed area.

billr99
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
does anyone know where the fill/check port is on the haldex is? the oil is $30 per/ 175 ml and I'd rather not see any on the garage floor. Please help.

Looking at VADIS it looks to me as the fill plug is on the unit's driver side (LHD) and is located just above where the anti-roll bar crosses underneath and just aft of the gas tank. Wish I could figure out how to cut and past the picture out of VADIS as it would show plainly. Sorry.

Hopefully though this will get you in the neighbourhood.

Cheers,

Bill

BarentsBlue
11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Wish I could figure out how to cut and past the picture out of VADIS as it would show plainly.

On windows, ctl-print screen will capture the screen. Open up MS Paint, or word, or powerpoint or similar. Ctl-v will paste screen. This is screen resolution dependent so quality will vary.

billr99
11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
On windows, ctl-print screen will capture the screen. Open up MS Paint, or word, or powerpoint or similar. Ctl-v will paste screen. This is screen resolution dependent so quality will vary.

OK, here we go. Jeez, you would have thought I would have figured that out after using PCs for 30 years. I was even an "IT professional" and everything. :eek: I'm running VADIS under Win7 in a VM within OSX, so a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Bill

Jules
11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
... it looks to me as the fill plug is on the unit's driver side (LHD) and is located just above where the anti-roll bar crosses underneath and just aft of the gas tank. Bill

Confirm the proper fill level is to the bottom of the screw hole (enough fluid so that it just starts to overflow slightly)?

Thanks
Jules