PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lights on after booster install

davew
11-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi. I just finished installing a new booster on my 01xc. I noticed as soon as I hooked the battery back up the brake lights are on. I started it and push the brake pedal and it did not seem to matter. I hope some one can help me.
Thanks, Dave[happy]

Chilled Man
11-07-2009, 04:03 PM
check the adjustment in the sensor at the top of the pedal

davew
11-07-2009, 04:11 PM
What am I looking for ? How should it be setting? Thanks so much for answering

howardc64
11-08-2009, 04:25 AM
I recall mine came on as well... my brake fluid was low in the reservoir after the booster install.

Not sure why it would go low though, I flushed the brakes with a pressure bleeder due to the fact that I removed the brake lines from master cylinder + ABS unit. Thus, I never stepped on the brakes until I test drove it. I remember filling it up to the correct level during the flush. But apparently, the level went down some after I've used the brakes a few times.

Other than this, double check all of the electrical + vacuum connections (fluid level sensor, pedal position sensor, booster vacuum supply, ABS unit connector, ABS unit power)

There were couple of o-rings + a gasket as I recall. But I'd guess you hear hissing if there weren't on correctly.

davew
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks Howard
I finally remembered that the brake switch may need adjusting. The booster change was a success. One thing that might be remembered is that the brake positioner switch is held in with a snap ring that holds it into the booster. Also the Motive bleeder was a life saver. Thanks for your input.
I am putting a power steering reservoir on also. It is going super also. Thanks to Joe MC. And his direction
Dave