PDA

View Full Version : IPD HD Sway Bars

XCHauler
11-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I installed the IPD HD sway bars about 3 years ago on my 2001 XC and this past summer I was getting an annoying clunking sound from my suspension system when traveling over rough roads and potholes. I replaced every front end part that I could find trying to solve this frustrating problem. The new parts included (control arms and bushings, struts/mounts/bearings, ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, wheel bearings, drive shafts, sway bar links, brake rotors /pads and a few engine mounts). I then had the XC aligned and the tires rotated and balanced. To my dismay the clunking sound remained and I finally brought the XC to a shop for a complete diagnosis to find the problem. The shop found the front sway bar bushings worn and in desperate need of repair, the bushings are located above the front sub frame and are not visible from underneath the vehicle. I contacted IPD and they offered to send me new upgraded bushings and at no charge! The customer service at IPD is top notch and is very professional and cooperative. These IPD HD sway bars are by far the best value that an XC owner can make to improve the handling qualities of their vehicle. The emergency handling is improved and the cornering at higher speeds is really appreciated. [thumbup]

ifnt420
11-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I actually reapply new grease on the IPD anti-sway bar bushings every year.
No squeaks for 150,000 km.

Ozzie
11-07-2009, 08:01 PM
My anti-sway bar bushings went after three years too. My local Volvo dealer diagnosed it in 20 minutes. IPD quickly shipped free replacements. $125 to install....end of "klunk" noise.

oz

Jules
11-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Is the anti-sway bar installation something you would say is an easy job that the ordinary driveway mechanic (me) could accomplish or would I need a lift and air tools?

Of all the options I could add to the XC, the IPD HD anti-sway bars are top on my list, if for no other reason due to the nature of the road I must travel to get from the coast to the city... 100 kms of tight twisties with the occasional straight stretch.

Cheers
Jules