PDA

View Full Version : question for ball joint + tie rod

tegbill
09-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Sinmple question: I need to replace both lower ball joint and both outer tie rod on my XC70 2004. The question is: Aftermarket or OEM parts? Are OEM lot better then Aftermarket, price are very different from Volvo than FCP Groton. I'm mostly looking for quality, durability.

thanks for any advice.
pascal

matt4960
09-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Try IPD in Oregon. Top quality aftermarket supplier![thumbup]

kamiar
09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Sinmple question: I need to replace both lower ball joint and both outer tie rod on my XC70 2004. The question is: Aftermarket or OEM parts? Are OEM lot better then Aftermarket, price are very different from Volvo than FCP Groton. I'm mostly looking for quality, durability.

thanks for any advice.
pascal

Hi Pascal,

Go to Tony at eurovolvo if you decide to go aftermarket, or Stephan at uptown volvo if you decide oem... ask stephan for 15% discount on the part and labor is 69$ per hour only if your car is 2005 or older.

billr99
09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi Pascal,

Go to Tony at eurovolvo if you decide to go aftermarket, or Stephan at uptown volvo if you decide oem... ask stephan for 15% discount on the part and labor is 69$ per hour only if your car is 2005 or older.

I got my bits (both inner and outer) at FCP Groton last year. They seem to be working just fine and are holding up OK on the basically terrible roads we have in my part of the world (way worse than what you have over your way).

Cheers,

Bill

billy780
09-24-2009, 08:01 AM
On both of those parts the only ones that would go on my car would be OE Volvo or the OEM, NOT scan tech or something supposdly made to OEM specs, I have seen to many of them fail earlier that factory, you will save money but you will get to buy them and do the job twice, what is your time worth............................................. ........

Chilled Man
09-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Volvo or nothing

tegbill
09-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for all the input.