PDA

View Full Version : USA-Spec adaptor - weird prob w Hu-803

pwocarroll
09-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Howdy,

I had a USA-Spec iPod adaptor installed by car Toys in my 2002 XC V70 with the HU-803 radio. All works just fine, via "CD Changer" source unit on the HU-803 -- with this one weird exception:

When playing regular CDs in the four-CD source unit, pressing the "Skip to next track" button occsionally fails to work. You need to press it three or four or five times, then it will finally skip to the next track. Same behavior whether using the skip-track button on the steering wheel or head unit. ALSO--changing CDs by turning the "CD" knob also intermittently fails--you need to turn it 3 or 4 clicks sometimes to get it to change to the next CD. Note that at other times, a single click of the wheel changes the CD as it shoudl, and a single click of the "next track" button wil work as it should. As I say: weird. :confused:

Note also that the skip-track button and dial knob work perfectly for FM-radio and the "CD Changer" ipod adaptor. It's only with the phsyical CD unit that this problem manifests.

I hear that USA-Spec has re-created this problem on a volve radio at their HQ, and are working on a soltuion. Do any of you happen to know anything about this??