PDA

View Full Version : TCM-002f....am I hosed

mcbalagtas
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
I did the 'gibson' tranny flush back in March about 10k miles ago. Last week got this CEL TCM-002f. The dash xmission indicator blanks out and the xmission sticks to a high gear on the fwy or a low gear in city/street driving. If I turn the engine off and back on, it clears the problem. There is no rhyme or reason when the CEL comes on....steady driving on the fwy...stop-n-go on the street....going up hill.

Thought a tranny flush would fix it again, but that didn't fix it, so I'm guessing I'm hosed. I was hoping it might be something fixable.

Not really cost effective to get a new tranny, so I may end up trying to trade it in.

kamiar
09-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Its a Lock up solenoid error, check that, also what ear is your car? based on what i have read, there is a TCM update for 2003 XC90 that corrected this same fault...

RockitShip
09-21-2009, 10:19 AM
What year is your XC? Did you go to the dealer for a software update?
There's tons of info here regarding the matter.

Forkster
09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Are you sure it's not your B4 solenoid? That's an easy-peazy repair.

mcbalagtas
09-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Sorry...I thought it was in my signature....it's a 2001 XC70.

AFAIK, it got all it's xmission software updates. The PO, had everything serviced through the dealer...even light bulb changes. They gave me all the records...I called the dealer in March before I did the tranny flush because the still have all the service records for the vehicle too... and they said it was up to date.

Is there a specific Tech Service Bulletin I should look for in the service records for the TCM upgrade or the B4 server replacement?

BillAileo
09-21-2009, 11:51 AM
This is probably way off the mark, but after you have done your transmission fluid changes are you checking the fluid level with the transmission fluid hot and the engine running?

mcbalagtas
09-21-2009, 01:42 PM
This is probably way off the mark, but after you have done your transmission fluid changes are you checking the fluid level with the transmission fluid hot and the engine running?

hmmm...well I did after the 1st Flush in March, but I had 'slipping' issues and the fluid was dirty....This last time the oil was still clean, but I did not check while the xmission fluid was hot.

JRL
09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
If you had slipping issues before (10K miles ago0 THEN did a flush, you got your extra 10K out of it.
Normally I would say do a flush, add software, adaptions, drive cycle, etc. but I'm going out on a limb here [sly] and saying your tranny is done.

It's an 01 and that's about all most people get out of one of these.
You also neglected to mention your mileage

mcbalagtas
09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Normally I would say do a flush, add software, adaptions, drive cycle, etc. but I'm going out on a limb here [sly] and saying your tranny is done.

what's the software adaptions, drive cycle?

Sorry...had slipping issues at 100k....flushed it...very dirty fluid...no problems until 111k DTS TCM-002f....did ANOTHER flush...fairly clean fluid...no change.