PDA

View Full Version : Ooh! A new software bug! BLIS stopped working!

Lotus99
08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Volvo Windows strikes again! I was driving back from vacation yesterday, doing spirited highway speeds, it was bone dry outside, around 8 PM, and the dash said the system was turned off because of blockage, and the right side light kept flashing on and off, until I turned it off manually. I tried it again every 10 minutes, and it still said it was blocked. When we got home, I checked it and it was totally clean, of course.

The next morning, when we drove the car, it seems to be working fine, so maybe a reboot of the computer's brain seems to have fixed it, just like the other bluetooth software bug I had which would resolve itself that way for a bit.

Don't know if it's worth mentioning it to the dealer. The other one time software bug I had about 6 months ago (which luckily has never showed up again) was the time when I opened the trunk, and it didn't go up by itself. I had to close it manually and re-try, and it worked.

So hopefully this is a one time thing too. I got the message once before, but it was raining and snowing outside a lot, and I figured maybe slush had somehow blocked some of the camera, but come to think of it, it did look clean when I stopped to see.

BH_MTL
08-18-2009, 07:01 AM
I had that twice on my 2008 XC70. Dry conditions, clean lense, middle of the day. Hasn't happened in a few months. I wondered if it was related to newly paved roads and glare on very sunny days. :rolleyes: We haven't had that combination in QC for a while...