PDA

View Full Version : *@&#!$%# Oil Leak

Jeremy
08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Pulled my engine trans last month to fix the rear seal leak and what I thought was the front seal leaking. Upon re installation, oil every where and intermittent low oil pressure warning/light. Found oil leaking between pan and block just below pump. Why it would suddenly leak there is beyond me as I did not touch the pan. Tightened the pan bolts 1/4 turn and no leak and no low pressure issues. Weird. Still have a small but annoying leak in the same area, lower block around lower timing gear area. Washed engine and eyed for several days, leak back looks like its the lower seal area. Pulled lower gear off and it is spotless around the new seal. Oil on block but can't see where its coming from. The only other "oil" fitting is the banjo fitting on the back side of the block and it is dry around it. I've looked for where it could be coming from and am completely baffled. It goes through a quart in 1000 miles. I could live with that but the oil drips off the car the entire side and makes a complete mess of the floor.

Any thoughts as to what the heck could be leaking?? Not the pan/block joint, not front seal, PVC was cleaned when engine was out.

Aughhhhhhh!

Jeremy

Chilled Man
08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
oil return line off the turbo :D

Jeremy
08-17-2009, 08:48 PM
oil return line off the turbo :D

Is that not the banjo fitting on the back side of the block?

I'm going to have a look again tomorrow.

Jeremy

Chilled Man
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
no not that the oring that goes into the block if not installed PERFECT it will leak