PDA

View Full Version : For those with PCC keys, how long have your batteries lasted?

Lotus99
08-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Curious. There's two batteries in there, both a CR 2430. The plain remote keys just have one battery.

PS Nothing lights up when you press the buttons, and it doesn't seem to work either, so when I walk up to the car to open it, I'd be lucky if 1 out of 5 tries works, and same goes for starting the car, it keeps saying key not found, so I will drop into the dealer to have them check it out.

I can't imagine it's the batteries after only 10 months of use. I assume if it's broken and not a battery issue, it's under the vehicle warranty or does it have a different warranty period?

OKCXC70
08-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Dude, you just can't catch a break! I would think its the batteries. There's no way to tell how old the batteries are in the PCC. My car was built in Feb 08 and I bought it in Dec 08. So far, both of my fobs work. I do not usually put my fob in the dash, it is usually in my purse or my pocket. If the dealer is out of the way, try the batteries first.

Lotus99
08-07-2009, 11:22 AM
LOL! Tell me about it! I never put it in the dash, but even if I do, these ones don't charge from what I understand. Some other car's key fobs have rechargeable batteries in them that charge if you leave them in the slot.

dlmielke
08-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Picked up my car early November, 2007. Never put the PCC in the slot - the whole point of ordering it was so I never had to take it out of my bag or pocket. Anyhow, have experienced no problems with it/batteries in the ~20 months of daily use. I don't even know if the slot recharges it. Do you? Would be interested in that.

OKCXC70
08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
No, the PCC is NOT charged by putting it in the slot. It runs only on batteries.