PDA

View Full Version : Cargo area removable pad - standard in '09 XC70 or option?

mbsl98
07-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Can anyone with a 2009 XC70 chime in and let me know if the car came standard with a carpet protector pad for the cargo area as standard, or is it a separate option? We are closing in on a purchase this Friday morning, and the salesman is telling us that the removable pad is an option, as listed in the accessories booklet. However, it seems to be covered in the listing of standard equipment in the current XC70 brochure.

Also, it is a T6, so should it be equiped with in-dash CD changer? That is listed as standard in the T6 and optional on the 3.2, but the actual window sticker from the target car seems to show just a single CD radio as part of the standard equipment? I'm embarassed to say that neither my wife nor I actually paid much attention to the installed radio, andf I noticed the changer detail when reading the whole sales brochure later. I'd have to say that teh radio pllked pretty [plain vanilla, single slot, etc.. The car doews not have the Dynaudio sound upgrade package, just premium, climate, convenience, BLIS and metalic paint as options.

Thanks

mbsl98
07-30-2009, 09:41 AM
None of you guys know if you got a trunk mat with your XC as standard or not? We close tomorrow, and I want to be sure we get it if it should be part of the deal :)

Lotus99
07-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Not sure what you mean by pad, but from what I recall, there was nothing extra sitting on top of the carpet that's already attached to the trunk. For example, in the footwells, you have the main carpet PLUS mats that come with the car. There were no mats for the trunk. We paid for a rubber one for the trunk which I'm very happy with. It's like $100 here, but less in the US I'm sure - try to get it thrown in for free I guess.

There's a few different protection options for the trunk, check out the accessory catalog, which is availalable on their website too.

Congrats!

mbsl98
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
That's exactly what i mean - the protective carpet pad that sits on top of the permanently installed rug in the cargo area. Our '98 XC had a very high quality "special XC" mat, in three pieces. I got a similar one for my '95 855T because it was much nicer than the original mat for that. The '07 XC has a single piece mat of decent but lesser quality, and I read the standard equipment lists and expected something like that in the '09, but salesman says not standard any more. We did get him to throw in the good winter floor mats for the passengers, but he wouldn't spring for the cargo mat as well. The '07 carpet does a fair job of fitting inthe back of the '09, except for a couple of inches right at the rear (just in front of the tailgate opening). Overall, the cargo floor is very similar to the '07 in size and shape, which surprised me due to the reduced specification for cargo capacity in the '09. There must be less head room, as the square footage in the '09 is slightly larger based on test fitting the '07 carpet. If it is not standard, I will probably try returning the '07 to lease co. without the cargo rug and see if they complain. I also measured the roof rails to see if teh '07 cross bars (the square ones) will fit, and it lookas as if they will be fine. Unfortunately, my never installed trailer hitch for teh '07 willnot fit. On teh cargo rug: It does occur to me that having a pritective cover over teh stock rug will interfere with using the grocery holder that is on the car we are buying. The '09 grocery holder is a neat design with a part of teh large cargo floor lifting to form the backstop for teh grocery bags. Much better than the original design, which we did not opt for in the '07. I'll probably have to see if my wife will just restrict junk and dirt in the cargo area to times she plans ahead and puts a rubber mat in. I am riunning a '98 rubber mat in the '07 now, and it is pretty good protection. That will stay with us and be used for the most dirty of future cargo's, even if we get a carpeted mat. I installed a mesh side pocket in teh rear of teh '07 because my wife liked the ones in her '98 so much. It looks to me as if the '07 will be a decent fit in the same place in the '09, and teh new '09 pocket doesn't look nearly as neat in teh pictures. I will post pics if I do install it and it fits OK, as some '08-'09 owners might like to fit a P2 version.

Lotus99
07-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Bummer, looks like your enter key is broken? :D :p I keed, I keed... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph,_the_Insult_Comic_Dog)

On teh cargo rug: It does occur to me that having a pritective cover over teh stock rug will interfere with using the grocery holder that is on the car we are buying. The '09 grocery holder is a neat design with a part of teh large cargo floor lifting to form the backstop for teh grocery bags.

The OEM rubber mat actually has a crease in the middle designed so that it can easily be folded up so that you can access the grocery holder lid.

Here are all your cargo choices:

http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/en-GB/V70-XC70/pack-n-load/load/default.htm

You can buy them cheaper online here: http://vparts.dealerfit.com/store/volvo-xc70-v70-accessories-cat126_136.php

mbsl98
07-31-2009, 06:36 AM
It's not the key that's broken, it is one of my fingers :( but it's getting better.

Thanks for the links, and note on the mat crease. That makes a lot of sense - should have assumed that Volvo would have covered that.