PDA

View Full Version : Child seats

s3bcn
07-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Hello everyone. I am a child of 10 months and I am thinking of switching to another chair today from 13 kilograms in weight (approximately 12 months). I am confused :confused: with the large number of chairs on the market. Someone with experience can advise me. Thanks and regards. Sorry for my English :rolleyes:

Lotus99
07-17-2009, 11:23 AM
We've got two of these for our 2 and 4 year old (they've been using them since they were about 9 months old). They're one of the highest rated seats in North America. Not sure if you can get them in Europe / Spain, or if the model name is even the same. I've seen some mfr's change the name of their products for different countries.

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/marathon

In Canada, we don't get the Recaro seats, but apparently they're good too.

Looks like you'll have to do some research. Go to the biggest baby store there, and check out the seats, and make sure to try them in the car before buying, to make sure they fit well, because you'll be using them as rear facing til the baby is at least one years old.

Tigasbud
07-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Definately, we trust Britax for car seats. Their European site www.britax.eu, maybe these are called Romer there I see that name listing when searching. Here is name of the Barcelonia listing from their site, Matias Masso @ phone: 0034 932 541 522
We used a Britax Marathon and then a Husky for our first child who is now 8. Now we are using another Marathon for our second from when she was born, the seat's lower weight limit is 5 lbs until she hits the upper limit of 55 lbs. Then she'll be in a Husky or whatever their large 5 point seat is called then.

s3bcn
07-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Thank you very much, I investigate a little

Lotus99
07-20-2009, 11:37 AM
We used a Britax Marathon and then a Husky for our first child who is now 8. Now we are using another Marathon for our second from when she was born, the seat's lower weight limit is 5 lbs until she hits the upper limit of 55 lbs. Then she'll be in a Husky or whatever their large 5 point seat is called then.

The Marathon goes up to 65 pounds in fact, or when your child hits the upper height limit of the seat, whichever sooner.

s3bcn
07-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you all for your comments. After watching all the links I'd maybe the Britax Romme SAFEFIX Plus-TT, which I also have to have the Isofix TopTether, an anchor point in the back of the seat back, which that comes standard on the XC70 is its own to take maximum advantage
Now I have to watch prices .............. and now you count. Greetings