PDA

View Full Version : A/C Question.

wakebums
06-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Where is the low side port on the A/C system so I can top of my A/C.. It seems like its low.. It does fine on the AC system untill it gets about 90 outside, then it doesnt do so good.. So I need to add some 134a. The only problem I'm having is that I can only find the high side port.. And not the low side.. Please help.. Its getting too hot for my wife in that car when shes pregnate..

Thanks.!!!!!!

billr99
06-17-2009, 02:03 PM
You don't want the port on the radiator cross beam. Its the easy one to get to but that is the high pressure side. The low pressure port is on the passenger-side frame rail right opposite the crankpulley.

Cheers,

Bill

sjonnie
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Well, you need to high and low side to check if your A/C is working correctly.

billr99
06-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, you need to high and low side to check if your A/C is working correctly.
Technically yes, but I have found that the gage sets that you see at the parts places which check only the low side work pretty well as long as you are just topping up a small amount of gas. Any major A/C repairs that require that you break a line, requires a proper gage set and R/R procedures.

Cheers,

Bill

wakebums
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks guys.. I will check for that port.. Thats the one I was looking for.. You would think they would put the low pressure one on the front..

wakebums
06-18-2009, 01:09 PM
I found it.. It was hidden by some hoses.. Thanks guys...