PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

cbj
06-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Everybody,

I returned my BMW X3 lease in March and its time to get a new car. I am not a big SUV fan and started looking at a 5 wagon but find them too expensive as I drive very little and the car is parked on the not so friendly streets of Brooklyn.

Not many wagons to choose from but I have always liked the XC70 and I think I can find a good used 2006 or 2007 with not too many miles at a good price. I really do not like the new version at all and can't believe its mileage is even worse than the model it replaced. Don't tell me they could not do that better. My 3.0si BMW had better mileage.

Anyway I have started to dig into all the info. How is the navigation?

Brave855
06-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Contact JRL on this forum. He will find you a top car for a good price. He's located in PA, so not too far away.

The standard RTI (navi) is not bad but a bit older design. Volvo offers an alternative portable navi from Garmin.

Good luck

cbj
06-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes, its seems like there are few with navigation. I have already PMed JRL.

goymgreenxc
06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
The XC will be much better on gas than the X3. Two very difference cars. I have had them both. [thumbup]

goymgreenxc
06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
also, the hard plastic bumbers are genius for NYC. Parking sensors get expensive tho

JRL
06-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Returned your IM.
I will be happy to find you a great (not a NYC) XC!

cbj
06-06-2009, 04:13 AM
Are there any options that is a must in the car besides heated seats?

Plus what is a good site your can recommend that lists options and standard equipment for 2006 and 2007 models?

JRL
06-06-2009, 04:44 AM
99% have the premium pkg.
(Leather, Moonroof
99% have climate package
Heated seats, headlight washers rain sensor
Most have convenience/touring pkg.
Homelink visor, 12v outlet and a couple of smaller items.

Many 05-07s have rear park sensors

Other bigger options which are not that common on XC's
Navigation
Premium Dolby stereo ( few)
Child Booster middle seats ( a few)
3rd seat (not many)
Subwoofer (cannot be had if a car has the 3rd seat)

Some 07's had the "Adventure Package" which came with Nav, Dolby stereo and boosters. Not many of these were made