PDA

View Full Version : Help - front bumper clips

tpxc
05-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Hi,

I have a 2002 V70XC. The front bumper was damaged in an accident.

The front bumper is made up of a few pieces. The external plastic wrap around nose, a polystyrene absorber and an internal plastic piece which clips onto the nose and sandwiches the absorber.

A couple of metal plates/brackets clip into this internal plastic bumper and two bolts pass through them and are used to secure the bumper onto the front metal crossbeam.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these metal brackets or have a link to a diagram of the parts in the bumper?

The reason I ask is that the crash repairers did not put the bumper back together correctly. They didn't put the polystyrene absorber back in and did not screw the bumper onto the front metal crossbeam so it was just held on by the plastic clips on the sides and half a dozen plastic press clips - ready to fall off. They now say they have thrown away the clips/metal plates - WTF.

Anyway it would be good to see a picture of how the plates/clips are meant to look so I Know what parts I need.

Thanks.

Art
05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Batstar/P5131466.jpg

Here is the exploded VADIS diagram for the front bumper and casing. Would #4 be the item(s) you are searching for? Part numbers for it are listed below

Attaching plate LH, 8648130
Attaching plate RH, 8648131

tpxc
05-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Thank you that is exactly what I needed, you are too kind.