PDA

View Full Version : IPD TCV help

hjsimpson
05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I plan on installing a IPD TCV tomorrow and I have a question regarding the post install instructions.

It says to accelerate the vehicle to approximately half of its maximum boost level and hold it therer for 5-7 seconds.

Seeming that I dont have a boost gauge, can someone tell me what speed would be approximately half of its maximum boost level?
:confused:

thanks for the help...lovin this forum!

billr99
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I plan on installing a IPD TCV tomorrow and I have a question regarding the post install instructions.

It says to accelerate the vehicle to approximately half of its maximum boost level and hold it therer for 5-7 seconds.

Seeming that I dont have a boost gauge, can someone tell me what speed would be approximately half of its maximum boost level?
:confused:

thanks for the help...lovin this forum!
Its not speed, but load that will determine what boost will be produced. You really need a boost gage for this. Go get one of those diagnostic vacuum gages which shows positive pressure and about 8 feet of appropriate size hose. Just plumb it in temporarily and run the hose out the rear of the hood and through the drivers side window. It will work well enough for this exercise without the hassle of trying to permanently mount a gage.

Cheers,

Bill

hjsimpson
05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
OK.. so I installed the IPD TCV... man what a difference!
Replacement of the TCV and the wastegate mod...has brought new life to my 04 XC70!

Thanks IPD! [cool2]

Allen
05-12-2009, 01:55 PM
OK.. so I installed the IPD TCV... man what a difference!
Replacement of the TCV and the wastegate mod...has brought new life to my 04 XC70!

Thanks IPD! [cool2]

Cool.

What wastegate mod?

JRL
05-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Turning the wastegate rod (shorter) by one full turn, this makes the car get to full boost much quicker.

Allen
05-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Cool.