PDA

View Full Version : Front Suspension Squeak

slalomskier
05-08-2009, 07:57 AM
I have a squeak, when the car is weighted and un weighted (i get in and out) or when i grab onto the rails and pull up and down. I think it is coming from a bearing but not sure. What should i look for? I cannot recreate the noise when the car is raised up on jack stands.

Thanks,

Josh

sjonnie
05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Look at sway bar and control arm bushings. If they're old and worn they may be particularly creaky.

slalomskier
05-08-2009, 10:19 AM
i looked at both but could someone describe, or show me pictures, of what might be wrong. i cannot really determine what is worn

morregerbert
06-02-2009, 08:55 PM
check Front Strut Mount Spring Seat. This is the rubber bushing/plate that sits below the strut mount. very common issue. about 25$ each.

goldxc70
06-03-2009, 09:15 AM
check Front Strut Mount Spring Seat. This is the rubber bushing/plate that sits below the strut mount. very common issue. about 25$ each.

I agree. This is a common problem in many many different makes of car.

Aviator
06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Check the strut mounts too. Open the hood and have someone push up and down on the side the noise is on. I have the same thing on my car as I found out last night, and found the rubber separated from the sleeve just under the top washer and nut. Also found out that both my upper spring seats are shot too; just kinda started all of a sudden.

Dave.