PDA

View Full Version : New DEM Codes, glad I bought BSR PPC reader!

dagibby
04-22-2009, 12:50 PM
2003 XC70 54k. I purchased the BSR PPC diagnostic tool a couple of weeks ago to clear an SRS code, which it did, because I set it off while taking out the back seat. My CEL went off yesterday after a 25 mile drive. The PPC read;
DEM 0003 system voltage
DEM 0006 ???
DEM 0007 hydraulic pressure
I cleared the codes last night and they re-appeared this morning when I started the car. The PPC has just paid for itself, yeah. I'm thinking it's the pressure sensor in the Haldex acting wonky, am planning to take a look at it this afternoon. The DEM 0003 has me concerned, after looking around here and swedespeed, that it might also be the transmission sofware needing updates. Most likely, it needs both... I have noticed a slight hiccup in 2-3 shifting when cold. Tranny fluid was changed with B4 servo 3 mos. ago. I'm also having a lot of vibration at idle, installing new lower engine mounts (hopefully) today. Don't know if any of these things are related, but you have all the info. Gurus please advise.

JRL
04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
The DEM has nothing to do with your transmission

Aviator
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
that it might also be the transmission sofware needing updates

Nothing in the car is going to tell you that you need software updates.

Dave.

dagibby
04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank you Dave and JRL,
Cleaned the sensor and re-fashioned the boot on the haldex and no CEL for now. Didn't think there was a relation between the DEM and tranny but given the complexity of these cars I don't feel there's a stupid question regarding the software. Dave, I do feel that there is one part of the car indicating I need the update- the seatbelt. That said, I'm going to start listening to my sternum.