PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to lock your keys in the car?

Mighty Quinn
04-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Greetings Everyone,

I have a 2008 XC70 with the Personal Car Communicator package. I usually like to hide a spare key somewhere on the exterior in case I lock my keys in the car, but with this car it does not seem to be necessary. As long as the remote key has a battery in it, I cannot figure out a way to lock the keys in.

Am I missing something? I would really feel like an idiot if I accidentally lock myself out sometime in the future and did not have a spare key readily available.

brissim
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure how the PCC works with the '08XC but with the keyless drive system on our C30 its impossible to lock your keys in the car. Yes you can lock the car, but as soon as you try the door handle or rear hatch where the key is, it will unlock.

The bad news is of course, if you do leave your key inside the car, anyone can open your car and drive away with it.

Tony

alex0078
04-20-2009, 10:22 AM
The car will not let you lock the door from the outside if your key is inside.

edwjmcgrath
06-22-2009, 07:15 PM
It IS possible but you have to go out of your way to do it. I do this all of the time to lock the dogs in the car with the engine running. Exit the car with the drivers side window down. Reach in the window and lock the doors. Then pull up on the drivers side window lever and pull your hand out quickly. Voila-your doors are locked with the keys either in or out.

Mighty Quinn
07-31-2009, 11:14 AM
It IS possible but you have to go out of your way to do it. I do this all of the time to lock the dogs in the car with the engine running. Exit the car with the drivers side window down. Reach in the window and lock the doors. Then pull up on the drivers side window lever and pull your hand out quickly. Voila-your doors are locked with the keys either in or out.

Nice! I knew someone would come up with a way to do it!