PDA

View Full Version : Heico Aftermarket pedals

sendwongy1
09-08-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey guys,

Me again. I was browsing through the heico site and I saw a set of brushed aluminium style brake/accelerator pedals. Have any of you had these pedals installed in your xc's. Are they easy to bolt on yourselves? Is it save (will it be slippery when your have wet shoes)?

Eugene  http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

wiz
09-08-2002, 05:18 AM
Think about this one, sendwongy1! I bet they will be comparatively slippery. Don't know about this new car, but Volvo used to put a very soft tactile rubber on their older model cars' brake pedals.

Who cares if your foot slips off the gas pedal, but you don't want it slipping off the brake! http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/huh2.gif

Hiro's XC
09-08-2002, 08:49 AM
WIZ is right they are slippery, unless they have an agressing bitting surface to dig into your shoes. Try driving that barefoot in an emergency! cheese grater foot anyone?

sendwongy1
12-20-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey Guchi San,

I believe you have Heico pedals installed in your XC looking at Hiro's web site. What I was wondering is how much did the part cost you and also did you order it from heico direct.

Regards

Eugene

Guchi
12-21-2002, 12:50 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sendwongy1 @ Dec. 20 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Guchi San,

I believe you have Heico pedals installed in your XC looking at Hiro&#39;s web site. What I was wondering is how much did the part cost you and also did you order it from heico direct.

Regards

Eugene[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Eugene,

How about my HEICO&#39;s pedal ?
Looking good and also functionally, it is a good product.

For Setting, it is easy for you to use the following tools.
The rubber cover of a brake pedal has to be removed.
The price is 22000 yen.
I have ordered the HEICO in Japan directly.

Guchi
12-21-2002, 12:55 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guchi @ Dec. 20 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sendwongy1 @ Dec. 20 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Guchi San,

I believe you have Heico pedals installed in your XC looking at Hiro&#39;s web site. What I was wondering is how much did the part cost you and also did you order it from heico direct.

Regards

Eugene[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Eugene,

The price is 22000 yen.
I have ordered the HEICO in Japan directly.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
added picture

Guchi
12-21-2002, 12:56 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guchi @ Dec. 20 2002,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guchi @ Dec. 20 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
Hey Guchi San,

Regards

Eugene<span id='postcolor'>
Eugene,

The price is 22000 yen.
I have ordered the HEICO in Japan directly.[/quote]
added picture[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
and added...

Art
12-21-2002, 01:07 AM
Eugene, http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I noticed the exact same Heico pedals in IPD&#39;s latest newsletter. The pedals sell for &#036;129 U.S. a pair or roughly about &#036;229 Aus. Part # is MLH4322601.

...although I&#39;ve gotta admit , they do look a little on the slippery side. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/nervous.gif

Anyways, I just thought that I&#39;d pass this information on. Hope that it helps. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

sendwongy1
12-21-2002, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the info Art. I am still thinking about the slippery issue.

Eugene

Hiro's XC
12-21-2002, 09:39 AM
I recently drove a car with a similar pedal and they were no more slipery than stock. Moto Persona in Lombard, IL sells a couple different brands and they are a lot less money. Most are universal and willl fit most cars. If I recall correctly the are at motopersona.com . &nbsp;

Jason

wiz
12-22-2002, 09:00 AM
Haven&#39;t seen any of these pedals, but those black holes must be rubber dimples that stand proud of the pedal surface - otherwise there would be no friction between pedal and shoe.

Hiro's XC
12-22-2002, 09:50 AM
They are. You can also get the racing ones that are just drilled. Unless you wear racing shoes all the time I eould not advise those unless you live somewhere very dry.

Jason