PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find one

colnagordr
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I live in Charleston SC and am looking for a well maintained 02-04 XC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have driven a couple of 01's on dealer lots, but they felt worn out. I am willing to drive upwards of 6 hours to get the right one. Thanks for any input. Mike

mitchgat
03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Mike,

Find JRL on this forum. He's in Pennsylvania and is legendary for hooking people up with great xc's at great prices; I'll be he'll even meet you halfway between the two of you, and from what I understand, you'll get a great car at a great price.

Good luck, and I hope you have a decent savings account for maintenance! Great vehicles, but a bit pricy to keep going...

uscgc70
03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I would narrow the Model years to 03-04 or 03-newer just to get the Haldex AWD system. it's a much less problem prone set up.

JRL
03-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Returned your IM.
Remember this, (good) 02's are just becoming hard to find now, they've become old cars, (8 years old), 03's jhave always been hard to find because it was a short model year abd fewer were made.
If you can, buy the newest XC you can afford, the newer the vehicle, the better it will be.
I hope to talk with you soon

colnagordr
03-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the replies. What I wont have in money for repairs, I will make up for with one hell of a tool kit and mechanical knowledge. There is a great indi Volvo shop here in town that used to do some work for me years ago. JRL thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.

brbevil
03-26-2009, 07:00 AM
You probably already know this but Rumph is setting up shop again downtown. He is great