PDA

View Full Version : RTI failure

tzunuum
05-13-2002, 02:43 AM
Hi folks,

this weekend I experienced the first anoying failure with my "new" xc (9000 kms). While on the road with the navigation system working out of the sudden it shut down. Since then it restarts / initializes and displays the map for almost some seconds (not enough to enter the menu to shut it off completetly) and then ist displays the start screen again, restarting the system over and over again

I assume some problem with either the software or processor. Anyone had the same problem or knows how to reset the whole system? It seems not to be a dvd failure, I have taken it on and off a copule of times without any effect on the system.

Best regards
Thomas

Aemsn
05-13-2002, 03:35 PM
Hi!

Try to remove the connectors from the Navi and reconnect the whole system. Should be quite simple.

I will check if there is another way tomorrow.

tzunuum
05-16-2002, 04:37 AM
Hi there,

just to keep you up to date. Car is at the dealer today. The first information I got: The central electronic box of the RTI might be damaged and needs to be replaced. No reset of the system possible.

The best: New electronic not on stock at Volvo unknown time for delivery. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif Comment of my dealer: Since Volvo has changed the supplier of the RTI we had a lot of probelms with malfunction of any kind.

If this turns out to be correct I will get in touch with Volvo Germany since I desperately need the RTI for my dayly business.

Best
Thomas

Aemsn
05-16-2002, 05:24 AM
Hi!

> Since Volvo has changed the supplier

?? They did not change the supplier :-)) It's a mitshubishi OEM product like the old one.

tzunuum
05-17-2002, 03:09 AM
Hi Armin

>?? They did not change the supplier :-)) It's a mitshubishi OEM product like the old one.

I did not know that. It was just the statement of my local dealer. Be prepared to have your Navi changed in the near future. My dealer has so far sold three VOR. Mine was the fist but the last that came back with a nonfunctional RTI. With the other two cars one NAVI was working for almost a couple of hours, the other broke down after 3 days. Seems to beth new Volvo quality.

They wait since more than 3 weeks for the replacements  http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

When I get back the car hopefully today (total software failure yersterday evening when I wanted to collect the car) I will se if I can do somethin by myself and find a way to reset the complete DVD System's hardware.

Best
Thomas

Aemsn
05-17-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi!

Mine is working for 8 weeks now - hope it will make some more weeks too :-)

Any chance to get some extras for the 3 weeks delay ??

tzunuum
05-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Hi Armin,

3 weeks? so far no one knows when the new system will be on stock. Spoke today to my mechanic. Since they have 3 RTI pending right now they try to make preasure on Volvo distribution to deliver it asap via air freight. BTW the part will cost approx 4100 Euro but will be covered under waranty.

One other customer is waiting since more than 3 weeks up to today without any notice when the part will be there.

Well mine was working for some 11 weeks so you have 3 more weeks to enjoy http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Best Thomas

Aemsn
05-17-2002, 09:19 AM
Hi!

Waiting soo long for a navi is not possible for me. When you are working as a service technican, you depend on this.

This would be time for me to get another CC with Navi for the waiting period - at dealers cost. Try to be a bit more energic with your dealer - at least because this is not the only problem with your car.

tzunuum
05-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Hi Armin,

it's quite difficult to wait for me, too. As a sales director I'm more on the road than in the office.

Anyhow, there is no XC with Navi nor any other car with RTI on stock presently.

MY dealer is really doing his best to keep his clients satisfied. In my opinion Volvo not the local dealer has to reimburse you somehow. Let's wait and see.

Best
Thomas

tzunuum
06-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Just another update. Friday, the parts for the new RTI arrived via airfreight at my local dealer. In total it took 3 weeks to deliver the new system. Since my dealer amd myselft put a lost preasure on Volvo Car Germany it came that fast. It was actually scheduled for mid to end June.

Armin, I hope yoor systems is still working otherwise you might preorder one system in case it might get broken http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Best
Thomas

Aemsn
06-03-2002, 12:57 AM
Hi!

Hmm .. mine is still working fine. By now my dealer has no problems with the new RTI. He has sold dozens of cars with this, mostly S80, and all are still working.

What have you done? Is yours with TV integration? Permanently on or mostly off?

tzunuum
06-03-2002, 03:22 AM
Hi Armin,

I have done nothing special. No I do not have the TV integration. Well I use it quite often but not permanentely. Let's see if the new things works for a longer time when installed this or next week. Unfortunately I have not time to take the car to the dealer before Friday. So I have to drive without a working meter for fuel indication and Navi http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Best Thomas