PDA

View Full Version : Dash LCD Failure

mikeh
02-13-2002, 08:59 PM
During a 3000km trip over the weekend we had a total failure of the dash LCDs on our 2001XC.

For those Australians it just had to happen in West Wyalong - miles from the nearest dealer.

We switched of to have a driver change and when we restarted the car the trip computer, odometer, clock/temperature/transmission and sound system LCDs were all out. The Climate Control LEDs were also out but sound and climate control were working as were the rest of the engine instruments.

We shut off and checked all fuses (try to work out which one it is - we couldn't) - all OK. So we rang our service manager - he had no idea. So he suggested we drive to the nearest dealer. The first road bump fixed the problem and it didn't recur during the next 2200km. Something for the next service.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Mike

coastal
02-13-2002, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the site Mike!

I haven't encountered that problem before (sounds like a loose wire or fuse) but just had to comment... 3000km in a weekend? :o

How long are your weekends down there.. 12, 14 days?! http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mikeh
02-13-2002, 11:30 PM
Hi Coastal,

It was a bit over 3000km in fact - first evening about 280km at an average of 103km/h! but a total of around 3300km from Thursday through to Tuesday - we travelled on 4 days only and the extra 300km was tooling around at our destination.

Average speed throughout was 82km/h, including several days of tooling around at 50 and 60km/h limits with average fuel consumption for the whole trip of 9.5 l/100km, and both my partner and I have heavy boots!

We were really impressed. Our Easter trip is planned to be about 6500km to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock. No snow out there, in fact it was 40 celsius here today!

sort of off-topic!

Mike