PDA

View Full Version : Auto Day/Night rear-view mirror

Joe Mc
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Doesn't dim any more, sometimes the seat-belt light on the mirror will come on when you start up and sometimes it doesn't. I'm guessing the mirror has to be replaced = can't be repaired. I'm wondering if you buy a new one if it needs to be programmed? Any idea what the stealer wants for a new / does it have to be programmed?

Thanks

JRL
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
VERY expensive and yes, they need to be programmed

rmyin
03-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Doesn't dim any more, sometimes the seat-belt light on the mirror will come on when you start up and sometimes it doesn't. I'm guessing the mirror has to be replaced = can't be repaired. I'm wondering if you buy a new one if it needs to be programmed? Any idea what the stealer wants for a new / does it have to be programmed?

Thanks

sounds electrical... maybe as simple as a fuse... check the simple stuff first I would suggest before heading to the dealer for a new mirror.

Joe Mc
03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
After the cost of the r/door controller (window/lock/mirror control $250 my cost $350 non-shop to shop) I'll look to the salvage yards - From what I've learned once things are programmed they don't have to be re-programmed, at cost of the part + software + $100 to program things = hi-way robbery! Geese!!! Friggin ridiculous [cussing][nonono]:eek: