PDA

View Full Version : advice on 90K service & warranty inspection

nick i
03-11-2009, 02:39 PM
We have just bought an XC70 LE 2005 model and it is due for its 90,000 klm service. Whilst it has had all of its schedued services I prefer to start with a clean slate.

I'm going to ask the Volvo dealer to change the engine oil using 10W/40 Penrite Full Synthetic. In addition I would like a full transmission flush, power steering and coolant flush. Are there any other fluids that should be on the flush list?

Are there any other must do service items besides the ones scheduled by Volvo?

We bought the car from an interstate Volvo dealer who reduced the price further to allow for the above service.

The car is under new car warranty for 3 months, then it reverts to an aftermarket extended warranty. When I take the car in for the above service I will ask our local dealer to do a warranty inspection and report so that any items requiring a fix can be attended to sooner. From member's collective experiences are there any areas which should be more closely inspected and/or are there any inherent faults to look for?

There are two issues already, a clunk in the front suspension when reversing out of our driveway over the culvert; and the fuel filler flap door opens when I park sideways across the downward slope. The manual states the central locking for the fuel flap door remains unlocked for 10 minutes. Maybe the spring in the flap door isn't strong enough. Is this a common issue?

Cheers .... Nick

colin
03-11-2009, 02:55 PM
The manual states the central locking for the fuel flap door remains unlocked for 10 minutes.That can be programmed differently but the "remains unlocked" means after you have unlocked it I believe. It should not just flop open unless you have first purposely unlocked it. On my 2004 I have to push the button on the dash (left of steering wheel in this country).

JRL
03-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Use 10w30 or 5w30, NOT 10w40, that's not recommened for these engines