PDA

View Full Version : 2007 XC90 - $850 for Rear Park Assist dealer install?

perplexed
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
I recently purchased a 2007 V6 XC90 (trading in my beloved Audi A4 in the process... it will be missed), and am thinking of finding a local dealer to install the rear park assist accessory. I've read a couple of forum posts that seem to indicate I should budget for an $850 cost... has anyone found their dealer willing to install for less? I'm wondering how much labor is involved with the 2007 model year (pre-wired for it?).

If you have this feature, how useful have you found it in practice? Do you think it worth the investment?

My wife was able to run her truck into a car while reversing out of grocery store parking space last year, so I'm tempted to invest in anything that could avoid that happening again. How many of you with the feature have avoided accidents because it's warned you and you were able to take corrective action?

Thanks in advance

pistolp1
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM
it does work, only wish it was also on the front end.

rgbpixels
03-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I like it. It will give you a constant tone when you are approx 12" away from something. I have only had the XC90 for a month so I find it very helpful while I am trying to get use the visual to actual distance in the mirrors. If you have the built in Navigation system you could also put the rear view camera in instead or in addition to. I think its about the same price.