PDA

View Full Version : One Press Unlock

Lincoln
02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Gang,

I had my '05 into the dealer last week. Asked them to change the settings for remote unlocking to have it unlock all the doors with one press of the remote (as opposed to the default setting which is to just unlock the driver's door on press one and then the rest on press two). They said OK, but then when I picked up the car they said that that was not a programmable feature with the '05, just newer models. Does this jibe with the collective knowledge here?

Thanks,
Lincoln

Miliceman
02-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I've ask the same thing for my 06, and it's the same issue for my car.

MT71
02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
This feature is available in european models. The standard in the US is the 2 step unlock. It seems that Volvo doesn't want to enable this feature here. I had the same response from my dealer in Montreal.

I don't think the Euro models are build with different computers just to get that feature. [sly]

Lincoln
02-20-2009, 06:54 PM
A friend with an '04 V70R had it done....

My understanding was that the default was two-press in NA and one-press in Europe but that you could re-program either way. The dealer told me it wasn't switchable on my year.

02Ocean224
02-20-2009, 10:42 PM
I had it installed on my 02 V70XC. It wasn't that my dealership wouldn't do it, it was that they had no clue what the part numbers I gave them would do. I just had to manhandle them a little. I need to repeat, these work for an 02 V70XC, I cannot speak for any other models. This is the list from my invoice...

9452949-2 - One Step Unlocking
Push unlock once, all doors unlock.

9452947-6 - Visual Confirmation Signal
Unlock car - 2 flashes of lights / Lock car - 1 flash of lights.

8637410-5 - Autolocking
Jump in car, start driving, and car locks all doors @ 7km/h (4.3mph)
***WARNING:*** If you have flushmount/aftermarket doorpins, the people in the backseat are locked in until YOU decide to let them out. :D

When I picked up my car, the service writers and techs were still playing with it and acting giddy. [thumbup]

Enjoy!
02O224-

brianblank
02-21-2009, 04:42 AM
My local dealer was able to "upgrade" the software in my '07 XC70 to allow for "One Step Unlocking" and to disable "Autolocking". I believe they charged ~$55 for each upgrade, pricey but worth getting rid of the annoyance of both "features".

02Ocean224 - Thanks for the tip on the "9452947-6 - Visual Confirmation Signal", I hope it can be installed on my XC.

JRL
02-21-2009, 06:07 AM
It's a download for all Volvos from at least as far back as the 2002 models

I'm not sure how far back the download is available for. I KNOW that it can be downloaded into a 2004, 01's, probably but I'm just not sure.

JRL
02-21-2009, 06:08 AM
My local dealer was able to "upgrade" the software in my '07 XC70 to allow for "One Step Unlocking" and to disable "Autolocking". I believe they charged ~$55 for each upgrade, pricey but worth getting rid of the annoyance of both "features".

02Ocean224 - Thanks for the tip on the "9452947-6 - Visual Confirmation Signal", I hope it can be installed on my XC.

Auto lock can be adjusted by YOU in an 07, they charged for the one step unlock which is a download

Lincoln
02-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks Jim.

Car's running great, BTW.

Lincoln

Miliceman
02-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Auto lock can be adjusted by YOU in an 07,

How do you do this?

JRL
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
READ your owners manual

rmyin
02-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm pretty sure this is a feature that is available on all the volvos. It's not a download based on my experience... You need an OBDII link and the correct software to re-program the ECU. Within the ECU are control values of various combinations that will output a certain response from the vehicle. You have to know these values and be able to edit these modules.

I have more experience with VW/Audis and there's a company called Ross Tech that makes a nice one for VAG applications. The theory I believe is the same though. All these cars are digital now and it's just up to the manufacturer to decide what they want displayed in the cockpit.

It's not uncommon to have features locked out on NA versions of EU cars. It's for liability reasons and marketing reasons.

My $0.02 of contribution for my post #2... *Cheers*

02Ocean224
02-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Volvos are very different from VW's. I have one of each and I own VAG-COM too. The deal with Volvo is that you are married to the dealership for software downloads. The three items I listed are only available as software downloads. The part numbers will vary for different models. The dealership will do the software updates, you just have to coax them a little. I walked in there like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction (except i'm white) and made them install them. They tucked tail, said they can't be responsible if my car blows up, and then they did it. INSTALL THE UPDATES, TODD! After they saw what they did, they told me that they would be making these standard on all cars they sell.

JRL
02-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a feature that is available on all the volvos. It's not a download based on my experience... You need an OBDII link and the correct software to re-program the ECU. Within the ECU are control values of various combinations that will output a certain response from the vehicle. You have to know these values and be able to edit these modules.

I have more experience with VW/Audis and there's a company called Ross Tech that makes a nice one for VAG applications. The theory I believe is the same though. All these cars are digital now and it's just up to the manufacturer to decide what they want displayed in the cockpit.

It's not uncommon to have features locked out on NA versions of EU cars. It's for liability reasons and marketing reasons.

My $0.02 of contribution for my post #2... *Cheers*

Well, don't post your .02 you're 100% WRONG

JsR
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Haven't been around for a while.

On my MY07 (European spec) I wanted to get two-stage unlocking but was told by my dealer (who I do trust, rightly or wrongly) that it wasn't possible on models with dead-locking.

that's all folks...

Miliceman
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM

So, if you know all of this subject, can you light our lantern?

02Ocean224
02-23-2009, 03:32 PM

While walking through the desert, even the sand looks like it can quench your thirst. However, if it is knowledge you thirst for, a spring flows from JRL.

Jeremy
02-23-2009, 04:45 PM

JRL-

Why must you be so arrogant and condescending to newer members? I agree that you do have a wealth of knowledge, but come, on cut us some slack. You are not 100% right all of the time:eek:. See my post on the leaking heater core for that example.

Jeremy

JRL
02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I already did, didn't you read the posts?

As for your question, he posts an entire page full of irrelevent VW stuff. A small sentence is one thing, but not a post that takes over a minute to read and is totally incorrect.

uscgc70
02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=JRL;94568]I already did, didn't you read the posts?
[QUOTE]

Yes, "read the manual". you really gave a lot of info with that brilliant post. you're acting like a four year old again, knock it off.

Aviator
02-23-2009, 05:46 PM
but not a post that takes over a minute to read

Learn to read then.

Dave.

JRL
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=JRL;94568]I already did, didn't you read the posts?
[QUOTE]

Yes, "read the manual". you really gave a lot of info with that brilliant post. you're acting like a four year old again, knock it off.

Well, I forget exactly how to do it since I never owned an 07, someone once posted it on SS, which is why I said to read the owners manual.
It's in there (for an 07)

Read the manual is a perfectly good reply, if more did so. many owners would know a heck of a lot more about their Volvos than they seem to know now.
Some people just want the quick and easy answer without bothering to read what they have.
As I said, if I actually knew exactly how to do the 07 adjustment I would have said so... (anyway).

uscgc70
02-24-2009, 02:12 AM
[QUOTE=uscgc70;94575][QUOTE=JRL;94568]

Well, I forget exactly how to do it since I never owned an 07, Some people just want the quick and easy answer without bothering to read what they have.
As I said, if I actually knew exactly how to do the 07 adjustment I would have said so... (anyway).

The nerve of people, asking for a quick and easy answer on a forum dedicated to these cars! at least you didn't give him one, that will really show him how intelligent you are. DAMN THE MAN! DON'T GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS! WAY TO GO JIM!